New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Saturn highlights sport compact performance with its production-intent versions of the ION Red Line and VUE Red Line. The VUE Street Play tests ultimate performance limits of the VUE Red Line with a supercharged, 300-horsepower version of the 3.5-liter V-6 while also adding performance-oriented exterior and interior changes. '

I don't like tha idea of a "tuner SUV", if you will, but you can't argue with a SC, 300-hp V6 in a plastic truck...

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Haha oh man, what have american car companies come to?

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
When I see things like that, I just have to think "What's the point?".

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
<flame retardant suit>

I LIKE IT!!!

</flame retardant suit>

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000

I don't like tha idea of a "tuner SUV", if you will, but you can't argue with a SC, 300-hp V6 in a plastic truck...
I sure as hell can argue with it. It's the fugliest SUV out there next to that Isuzu whateverthefawkitis or the Suzuki Aerio. :ugh: :puke: :ugh: :puke:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: NorCalCoug
Originally posted by: Bennett9000 I don't like tha idea of a "tuner SUV", if you will, but you can't argue with a SC, 300-hp V6 in a plastic truck...
I sure as hell can argue with it. It's the fugliest SUV out there next to that Isuzu whateverthefawkitis or the Suzuki Aerio. :ugh: :puke: :ugh: :puke:
:rofl: Agreed. I want some metal around me in the event something smashes into my car (or truck, or whatever).

Edit: and most likely, if released, it will probably come with 14" rims :biggrin:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
i actually laughed out loud when i saw those pictures! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but after i calmed down, I actually DO like the exterior styling... if every one of them rolled off the line looking like that, i would give every owner a :thumbsup: on the road. I think they should do more than just throwing Recaro seats in the interior - it just looks plain and boring.

and 300hp makes me say "w00t?! in a Saturn?!" - even if its a big chunky SUV...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
this is a concept car for SEMA right? I can't see this making production.

the typical Saturn buyer has no clue what supercharger means and they probably want big padded soft sofas instead of Recaro.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
exactly, and the typical performance car buyer will probably see 'saturn' and turn away. I have to say tho, it is kinda neat

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would consider getting one. It has 300HP and you can carry stuff in it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Styling is nice - I kind of like it. Much better than the WRX wagon, at any rate. Even the interior is cool, very understated.

But automatic? Ick.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: bzcat
this is a concept car for SEMA right? I can't see this making production.

the typical Saturn buyer has no clue what supercharger means
They are supercharging the 2.0-liter 4 in the Ion for 2004, so why not the 3.5L in the Vue? The 3.5 is a Honda-built V6, and is supposed to be pretty potent, even N/A. It's the same V6 that's in the Honda Pilot.

Not a fan of the Recaros myself, either, though.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
but yr gonna need 'em when you flip the thing taking your favorite turn at 40mph less than you can in your cougar

G

·
I also like it, you just cant think that the cougar is the ultimate car ever built, you gotta have good opinions on other cars too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
ok, I am 50/50 on the Vue..but I'm 100% on the Ion Redline. My Fiancee will be buying one of the first ones and it's my belief that they can become the next SRT-4 with the right marketing and parts support. Which GM has stated they will be pushing the Ecotec's heavily. For around $20,000 the car will be one hell of a deal and will sure whip the floor with 90% of the cougars on this forum...mine included :banghead: (Fiancee kicking my arse in a race is not a good thing)

We've basically decided that as soon as I can get rid of the Cougar I'll be taking this over and she'll get her GTP. An equal trade to me...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
thats with the stock block and still minus all the possibly performance they can get out of it. It was determined that 1000 HP is attainable from the block and I believe this record was set with 750-800 HP.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The specs I read quoted "700+" horsepower. Most of the suspension was stock as well, only they bagged the rear.

The Ecotec is the best thing GM's built since the 327...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by: Se7enCentz
I also like it, you just cant think that the cougar is the ultimate car ever built, :rolleyes:
its not?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i think the concept is great...all that HP in a super-light car!! but i see plenty of people flipping it with that kinda power in a tall vehicle. and really, who is going to buy it? not the young tuner crowd, wrong style...and not the soccer moms, the seats wouldnt suit.....maybe the middle aged dad forced to drive an SUV for his kids and dogs, but still wants some power?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts