·
Registered
1,516 Posts
nope... one word: JEEP

and now for skiing

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
it bums me out knowing I have to wait god knows how long before I can pull one of the cars out of my garage so i can do my front struts.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
don't worry, it'll probably be gone by next weekend.... supposed to get almost near 50 out at the end of the week, with rain somewhere in between...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Why not go out and enjoy this Dan.........I think Sassy and I will go outside and make some SnowAngels.....hehehehehehe

Ron

·
Administrator
11,733 Posts
I drove from Brockton to Stoneham to use my parents garage. Since the plowers are on that stupid strike 93 wasn't plowed at all so everyone had to drive 30mph or you'd drift out of what were there for lanes. Oh, unless you were in an SUV. Then you were allowed to do 60 and sling slush onto the windshield of the other cars. I swear to god they were seriously driving like *******s. Back & forth it was about 1 1/2hrs each way. And it's normally 30min :(

After I arrived at my parents I noticed the entire nose of the car was in a shell of ice. Looked really funny & cool. And it was really funny & cool when it was dripping all over me when I was replacing my strut mounts. Glad I didn't put Mark through that :)

The install when pretty smooth. Only a few hours because of the snow on the car & the garage floor was a pool. Drive home was equally ****ty. Just add more cars & less light.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've been browsing these forums for awhile but just got my Cougar yesterday, unbelievable. I finally get back from school after the 2 hour drive, and there it is sitting in the driveway, my father had just brought it back from the dealership. And its covered in snow :O I couldn't believe it. I had to take the maiden voyage on the streets of death. I tried to come to a stop at a set of stop lights and almost went right through. Needless to say, all day today all i can do is admire it from the inside of my nice warm house, and hope the snow let's up soon.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ohh man, new cougar owner! ::rubs hands::

Welcome to the boards. I hope the snow lets up for you too :thumbsup:

just dont do 70mph over big rocks like me, k?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well I scaped up one rim when I had to avoid somebody & went into a slide. Hit the curb.This was Friday right after the snow started & they didn't sand the roads yet & I was leaving work. I'll wait 'till spring but now I don't know maybe I'll just get all new rims. Anybody got a 17" rim they want to sell?
I have a 2001 ZN.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
sorry john that i couldnt help more .. but it might have been a good thing cuz i think i have the flu.. but im glad everything went ok on the install ... be safe everyone .

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
THis damn snow kicked my ass. First off, I had to change my ZNs because my falken tires are CRAP in the snow and are not made for the cold. At 11am friday, I look for the floor jack to realize its not here. I call my bro and he tells me he has it in his car. I wasnt going to go and get everthing out of my trunk to get my scissor jack, so I drove to AutoZone and picked up a cheap jack. Their cheapest floor jack was 25.99, so I went with a little bottle hydraulic jack for 10 bucks. By now, its snowing, and starting to get stronger. By the time I get home, the snow has started to collect.

I bring up my four 16" rims from the basement. I change the first 3 rims with no problem. I get on the fourth one and loosen 3 lugs. The last one, no matter what i did would not budge. By now, I have been laying out in the snow for more than an hour. I sprayed it and nothing. Now, I have 20 minutes to get to work. I tighten up the 3 lugs, and put the 16" rim in the trunk.

I drove to work with 3-16", and 1-17" rim. Now being 330pm, and work being DEAD, i told the manager I was going to BJ's so they could pull of the last lug. I get there, and my friend who was working said he had 3 guys waiting for snow tires to be put on. He could not get my car on the lift. So, he pulled off the 4 lugs with his gun, and I got back to work changing the last tire. Now, I am soaked once again, and drive back to work.

As I pull back up to work, i feel my car driving really wierd. I get out and realize I have a FLAT. And no, it wasnt the one I could not get off. I ended up pulling off the ZN wheel out, and beging changing my tire. Now, I am pulling the other lugs off when the factory lug wrench breaks. I have to then pack everything up, and run to the next shopping center in the snow to an auto parts store. I pick up a can of fix-a-flat and a new wrench. I figured since I was replacing my tires next week anyways, the Fix-a-flat would be fine. Well, it didnt work, it leaked out of the tire. I had to continue to pull off the tire, and changed the tire. Only problem was that with the flat, the jack did not fit underneath. I had to call 3 of my co-workers to help lift the car enough to get the jack unter the right spot. FInally, they come out, lift, and i got the jack under. Changed the tire, and went to work.

This day was THE WORST day I have had with my car. It was cold, wet, and annoying.........kinda like my ex-girlfriend.

Although I love the snow cuz I snowboard, I hated it yesterday.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had put my front two snows on 2 weeks ago. Thursday at midnight I went to put the other two on and it took an hour to find my dads floor jack, and like pablo, I didn't want to unload my trunk to get out the factory jack. Knowing the factory lug wrench is single use (already had it replaced once under warranty) I have a craftsman metric 4-way. So I go about loosening the lug nuts, and no dice. wrench twist into a pretzel, impact gun won't do it, and my breaker bar is at home. Tried the big 1/2" drive ratchet with leverage, and broke the ratchet. So I was able to loosen 1 lug on each rear wheel. So I gave up and went home and put the car away and changed the snow tires onto my truck instead.

After all that, the next morning I wake up with sore throat, fever, runny nose; lucky for me I had friday off work so I could drive to the Albany area for a wedding. And God bless 4-wheel drive. we took the gf's Grand Vitara, which handles this stuff great.

So tonight I was out doing synchronized donuts with my buddy in his Wrangler. I love the snow.

As for Ninety9V6, I definately suggest a set of snow tires. does your car have 15's or 16's?

·
Administrator
11,733 Posts
Originally posted by: Knibbs
sorry john that i couldnt help more .. but it might have been a good thing cuz i think i have the flu.. but im glad everything went ok on the install ... be safe everyone .
Hey, no you did great. Motivated my ass to do it myself! :)

Just need to wait till spring so I can replace the mount bearing on the drivers side (pass is ok). I guess it's a plus that I never made it to Conn. cause I never would've made it home in the snow. And sorry to hear bout your flu. Hopefully it's only 72hrs like mine was.

Yakko, that blows. Hopefully you had the foresite to put some Nev-R-Seez on their? I do it all the time now because come spring time these stock 16's will be frozen on tight.

I took my rims off sometime in September before it got too cold. I have some tires I bought used in the WantAD for $60 off a Subaru wagon. So they handle pretty good in the snow. I would hold on to your stock wheels if you ever get aftermarkets, use those as snow tires.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by: yakko69
THis damn snow kicked my ass. First off, I had to change my ZNs because my falken tires are CRAP in the snow and are not made for the cold. At 11am friday, I look for the floor jack to realize its not here. I call my bro and he tells me he has it in his car. I wasnt going to go and get everthing out of my trunk to get my scissor jack, so I drove to AutoZone and picked up a cheap jack. Their cheapest floor jack was 25.99, so I went with a little bottle hydraulic jack for 10 bucks. By now, its snowing, and starting to get stronger. By the time I get home, the snow has started to collect.

I bring up my four 16" rims from the basement. I change the first 3 rims with no problem. I get on the fourth one and loosen 3 lugs. The last one, no matter what i did would not budge. By now, I have been laying out in the snow for more than an hour. I sprayed it and nothing. Now, I have 20 minutes to get to work. I tighten up the 3 lugs, and put the 16" rim in the trunk.

I drove to work with 3-16", and 1-17" rim. Now being 330pm, and work being DEAD, i told the manager I was going to BJ's so they could pull of the last lug. I get there, and my friend who was working said he had 3 guys waiting for snow tires to be put on. He could not get my car on the lift. So, he pulled off the 4 lugs with his gun, and I got back to work changing the last tire. Now, I am soaked once again, and drive back to work.

As I pull back up to work, i feel my car driving really wierd. I get out and realize I have a FLAT. And no, it wasnt the one I could not get off. I ended up pulling off the ZN wheel out, and beging changing my tire. Now, I am pulling the other lugs off when the factory lug wrench breaks. I have to then pack everything up, and run to the next shopping center in the snow to an auto parts store. I pick up a can of fix-a-flat and a new wrench. I figured since I was replacing my tires next week anyways, the Fix-a-flat would be fine. Well, it didnt work, it leaked out of the tire. I had to continue to pull off the tire, and changed the tire. Only problem was that with the flat, the jack did not fit underneath. I had to call 3 of my co-workers to help lift the car enough to get the jack unter the right spot. FInally, they come out, lift, and i got the jack under. Changed the tire, and went to work.

This day was THE WORST day I have had with my car. It was cold, wet, and annoying.........kinda like my ex-girlfriend.

Although I love the snow cuz I snowboard, I hated it yesterday.

GOD DAMN THAT SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
yeah scullin , im pretty much over it ,, im not achy or dizzy anymore i just have a sore throat and a headache once in a while..

Yakko., that sucks bro ,, i know how it is ,, i work in a shop now and i get stuff stuck on cars all the time..

and to everyone else who hates snow.. you gotta pick up a awd car.. my buddy has a legacy. man i have some great footage of us (me in my truck) doing some cool drifting, and donuts.. all time snow fun . heheheheh

thanks vod for doing some filming!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
JScullin, Well I haven't had any trouble trying to start mine, but I had a hell of a time digging it out of the snow today, I wasn't smart enough to park it near the end of my driveway, instead I parked it right up to my garage with about 15 feet of driveway behind it. Well 5 hours after realizing my mistake I was finally able to get it out of the driveway, but my arms were too sore to drive. Still haven't been able to take the new Coug out for a proper spin. CougarXR, I have 16's and yeah, I think looking into snow tires will be a good idea since I'll be driving over in amherst for the next two weeks until winter break and then from february til spring, and winter is always a lot worse over in Western Mass than it is here. Hopefully they won't run me too much, money's a little tight with xmas around the corner.

·
Registered
723 Posts
well, I stumbled onto some hi speed directional snows for my 16's for $59 a piece at Tire Warehouse, which is regional in western MA, and VT. My buddy works part time at a tire shop here around Springfield, and I will check tomorrow at what he can get for a deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.