New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay..I've never had a problem..but today I guess two cop cars were bored..so got a ticket for tints and the front plate. Quick questions..do I have to report these to the insurance company(and tell my parents?) and also..how much are they? I kno the plates is $44..but I dont kno how much the tints are..stupid monty cops..

·
Registered
346 Posts
$150 and NO there not moving violations

·
Registered
59 Posts
tint is only 45 bucks and plates is like 44....if they checked the box that says that you have to appear in court....thats another 30 in court fees. if there is no check in that box then you can pay it before the date on the ticket and not pay the extra fees for court. so your looking at about 80-90 just for the tickets and possibly 30-60 in court fees if the tickets have the boxes checked. and there are no points...as far as i know but you can check with the court house. i know from all of brians tickets lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay thanks, yea I have to goto court for the stupid tints, since its not a moving violation I dont have to tell the insurance company, or my parents rite? I can jus pay it off?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Here's the rule...If they don't take your insurance card, your insurance company will never know. Moving violations, i.e. speeding, wreckless driving, running a red light, anything where you were "moving" where the insurance card will be given to the officer, then they Insurance compnay will know. you don't have to tell them. Tints and front plate is like a parking ticket. They could've written you one if you were parked in a lot somewhere, and they wanted to ticket your car. If they pull you over, they may ask for you license, Registration, and insurance card, but that's to make sure you have them. The reason they want you to appear in court, is so they can charge you more money. Oh, and if you ave font tints, and you remove them before the court date, and put the license plate back on the front and say the bracket broke off...you will only have to pay court fees. And I believe the fees are now $40...If you have a friend who's a mechanic or know someone wh works for Ford, ahve them write you a fake recipt for installation of new front license plate bracket...you'll get off just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.