New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I got up , to go to the supermarket my wing was gone ripped off with a crow bar or something like that now I got little indentations on my trunk and the 4 holes where the wing was screwed on are all protruding upward , I guess it gives me an excuse to get another wing ,they stole the stock one ,any suggestions ,what are the nicest wings for the cougar? .............later

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im telling you, can you believe it...... a stock wing! Whats funny I always go to bed like at 3 or 4 am but last night I went to bed at 1 am. Ive had my car since July 99 parked in the same spot and all of a sudden now this ,anyway deep down I kind of expected it I live in Queens NY and its a miracle it didnt happen sooner to tell you the truth now if I do get a new wing I got to find a driveway or garage I can rent (I live in an apartment and rent)I really dont have any preference of which kind of wing as long as it looks good my thing is the little dents from the crowbar how will they remove those?Will they have to paint the trunk again?I really dont know.

G

·
Hey sounds like you got the same kind of idiots there that I have in metro detroit. Some bright punk decided he/she needed one of my stock fog lights a lot more than I did and that got stolen however one was left untouched and my PIAA's where left untouched. Hey what can you say, their usually not the smartest people we encounter.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
wow... I can't believe that bullshiznit... some people are just idiots... Obviously the stock spoiler is worth more than we all realize... heheh You should get the Visteon but I hate to say that the person who stole the spoiler may like that one better and do it again...
I always think some crazy focus owner is gonna pry off my Visteon Hood Scoop all the time now that I read they are ordering em... No offense to any Focus owners or visitors to NECO from Focaljet...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I feel disgusted, I dont even feel like driving the car .It was never hit ,so it was perfect you know? Now I feel like its not the same, like damaged ,I like to keep my car pretty much perfect and I prided that its never had to be repainted ,now I feel like it wont look the same ,but I guess its all in my head, when I get the new wing Ill feel better .Im going to have to park the car in a neighbors driveway and thats going to cost $75.00 a month.Anyway I think its between the wings west and the visteon,Chroma ,whats the price on the Visteon,If I want thatone Ill definitely buy from you if the price is right. Let me know,Im going to start looking now........later, thanks for the support.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Once u get a new wing, you should put a couple washers on each bolt before putting the nut on. That'll keep them from pulling it right out of the stock holes.

Later, yo

Mike

·
Registered
161 Posts
yup that will..but if they're persistant..you'll have four BIG holes (=

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
ya that might stop them from taking it but ..it wont stop them from trying and f*kin up the paint!!

i was washing my civic (trying to sell it) and i found on the driver side there was a screw driver hole under the handle/lock ...who the hell would try to steal a old ass droped civic...and my dads nice 2000 harly davison ford truck was right next to it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
dude sorry to hear about your car... i try to keep mine perfect also and i wish i could have caught the asshole that opened his door into mine and left me a nice dent and scratch while i was in the movie theater
but anyways, if you are lookin for a new spoiler i would go with the wings west commando wing, or you might be able to get a good deal on a visteon from chromacougar.

·
Registered
161 Posts
yupz..got a nice long gash in my fenders from some a$$hole in staten island who doesn't kno how to get outa his car..but that was jus an excuse to get Z3 fenders (=, dude if you want to see pics of a ww commando wing, I have it, jus goto
www.geocities.com/asndragonz/cougar/home.html
and you can see pics of it

oh..btw one more thing. The wings west commando wing, it doesn't jus go into the holes, well it does, but on the bottom of the wing,..hmm..how am i tryin to explain this? Theres a base part. If you look at the stock wing, the two sides connect straight to the trunk, on the ww commando wing, it connects to a base that lays on top of your trunk. It fits perfectly fine tho, I love my wing!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the replies I didnt think it would be so many,the washer idea is great and ill definitely do it but if they ever try to steal it again which im not giving anybody a chance ,and they cant get it...... they may even do more damage or get violent and break the rear tails or something stupid like that,Im thinking about the wings west super wing in white with carbon fiber since the car is going to be in the back, with a cover, right next to my bedroom window, hehehe, I live on the second floor in a two family house , I think I can get that. And im putting a better alarm,but the wing will match with that carbon fibor hood I dont remember who makes it, but I think it would look cool. I had one of the lightest door dings on the passenger rear quarter panel barely perceptible and I almost had a heart attack, you really had to search for it .Thanx everybody

sitting at my window with my 9.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.