New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's a long story so I'll give you the short version. I never brought this up before because this is a Cougar site, but it indirectly affects my Cougar. I have a 90 LX Mustang that I have been slowly re-building for the past couple years. Every single nut and bolt is off the car right now. Its a twin turbo 302, full cage, mini tub, the list goes on and on. Anyways the problem is that the car is in a friends garage on a rotisserie. He spun a bearing in his Cobra on Friday and needs the space in his garage. So I have to get it out of there ASAP. Because the car is on a rotisserie it won't fit in my single car Garage. So I have nowhere to put it. I kinda got distracted and started modding the Cougar so I haven't done much to it lately. But I guess I need to get the car rolling again that way it will at least fit in my garage. So I think my Cougar modding days are done or at least on hold for a while. The car will be a lot of fun once its done. It should do low 10's if not better. But I need to drop at least another 10 grand to get it where I want it. Anyways thats my rant for Now. This sucks, my car is homeless!:cry:

Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get a good used compressor for cheap let me know. I need a fairly good one that puts out 10 or 11 CFM.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
that sucks...

on a different note, I dream of one day putting my car in a garage.... mmmmhhhmmm.... garages.... mmmmhhhmmm

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Ever thought about storage? For about $300/month you can store it in a 10x15 garage, take it off site to work on it and then return it back to storage. A lot of the storage facilities are now having some specials right now as they usually do around this time of year...definitely something to maybe think about.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: Nitrik
Ever thought about storage? For about $300/month you can store it in a 10x15 garage, take it off site to work on it and then return it back to storage. A lot of the storage facilities are now having some specials right now as they usually do around this time of year...definitely something to maybe think about.
Where the hell do you live? 10x15 storage facility here in the Metro DC area will run you less than $125/month ... the farther away you are from the city, the cheaper that will be. I recently rented a 10x10 for 6 months at $50/month in Martinsburg, WV.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about that, but I don't want to pay $300 a month just to store it. Plus I want to be able to work on it where ever it is. The car on the rotisserie is 22 feet long. My garage is 20X10 and it doesn't fit, so a 10X15 isn't big enough. I'm sure a larger unit will cost even more.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Err....I don't know what I was thinking. I think that's the price of a 10x20. Anyways, I believe the pricing at the storage I worked at was $224/month with climate control at no extra cost (if available). That seems more reasonable...my numbers are off cuz I work maintenance, not office. Oh, and this is $CDN and we live semi-close to one another.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See 20 feet is not long enough. I think I might pick up a cheap 7.5 rear end and get it off the rotisserie. Then I can store it in my Garage.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
store it up at some farm up in markham or stouffville...thats where my dad keeps our tent trailer in winter...although he just leaves it outside under a tarp cover...not sure if you'd want to do that with your mustang, but its dirt cheap...

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Haven't priced any storage units yet. I'd rather not go that route anyways. I could store it at my parents house, but I want it close by so I can work on it.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
Damn mav.... and here I almost thought your WIFE kicked you out! :flushed: :rofl: :cover:
When I told her I was brining the car to the house she almost did! :rofl:

My Basement is full of car parts now! :shrug:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
build a bigger garage?

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by: Jorgen
build a bigger garage?
I wish I could but I live in a new subdivision. I only have 4 feet from the property line. Maybe its time to move! :rofl:

·
Registered
44 Posts
If the car is on a rotisserie, get some BBQ sauce & cook it up! You should be able to trim off a couple of feet with enough people!!!:beer:

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by: lbizboy
thread worthless without some picahs
Whatcha want pics of, the car is in a million pieces? :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.