New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about doing a 3.0 swap for my coug, and i was mostly looking at the jag s-type motor and i was wondering how hard and costly this might be, and what all i might need to do for major mods to be able to fit it all under the hood nicely... Lil coug with big plans...

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
i would personally go with a escape 02 or taurus 02 motor and save yourself lots of money and time. If your made out of money I would say go ahead and give the jag engine a shot. Anything is possible with the right amount of mula!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
be prepaired to spen alot on the jag swap!! it wont be easy to do. most people around here say that you can get an escape or taurus 3L to perform just as well as the jag. but like lbizboy said, its all about how much you got!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
:rolleyes:

Someone hasn't been </u>READING</u>...

Short answer- Yes, you can do this. But it's so complicated for such a little gain in power that you'd have to be :crazy: or just looking to piss away money and time.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Just because its a "Jag engine" doesn't mean its a better swap to do. First off, where are you going to FIND the Jag engine? A junkyard will charge out the ass for it just for the simple fact of what its out of, a Jaguar.

Just buy a Taurus or Escape engine, build that, and have a much better time than you would have trying to get the Jag engine in.

I'm still wondering though, WHY the Jag engine? Unless you have a load of cash to spend, and want to do the AWD swap, I don't see any real good reasons for going for the Jag engine.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If what you're looking for is power...and from your post, it looks like you are wanting to spend big bucks...I have a full 3L engine custom built for a t3/t4 turbo boosting up to 25#s. I had been working with Rick (buckshot77), and Keith (from ArizonaDynoChip.com) to help build this set up for me, and Keith explained that it is highly possibly that this engine set up will put out atleast, if not more, 500 fwhp. Here's a link for the list: http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=126577.
I have most of the information on the set up, and if this seems to be up your alley, let me know and I could get you intouch with the right people :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i do want to do the all wheel drive... actually. im looking to go BIG or go home is all...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Then sell the car and get something that can handle the power. The AWD conversion is going to force so much cutting and fabbing that you're better off ricing er... "modding" an Evo or STi. As is stands I can't keep the wheels from breaking loose in 3rd gear... And I haven't even tuned this b*tch yet...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but i love the cougar so much so much individuality, i mean you dont see many of them modded and thats what i want in a car something that you dont see very often... so im gunna move forward with it...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Way to be...
Post pics when you're done.

Shoulda been done by now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.