New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone has always said that there were no blackouts available for the cougar...

Well I went to a movie tonight and parked next to a 2002 XR Black Cougar with Blackouts... I inspected them and they were attached similiar to my friends mustang... noticed the little GTS badging on them....

After an insane amount of research tonight I HAVE FOUND THEM!!

Now I have just finished my tail lights so I will no be purchasing these.. but i wanted to give everyone a heads up...

ALSO AWESOME ABOUT THESE IS THAT IT GETS RID OF THE BOOBIES...

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/gtsgt4259x.html

So who is gonna order... I found an old pic of em.....

here

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
on the right car and those painted body color they could be a hot ass show item... but not my style so i will stick with my spray tinted with vtech body color covers

·
Registered
902 Posts
Neato!...

I dont think I like them... but neato non the less.. how come we didn't know about these?

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yeah... hey..., wasn't he the one who clamed to have a turbo, nitrous, and some rediculous amount of power??? :shrug:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Either it's him or someone else copied his opening rant. I'm suprised he didn't say he's holding a laser gun in his pic. :loser: It's probably a pelletgun.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Hey I noticed them a long time ago... on that guys car... nobody could answer me what they were, I even checked at GTS's website.. hehe

·
Registered
904 Posts
Awesome!

You are a lifesaver man.

Something that covers up our tailights and is carbon fiber/blackout.

My prayers have been answered.

edit:
I just ordered.
They come in either carbon fiber or the blackout.
I had asked if the light still shines through with the C F and he said they did.
The grand total comes to 63.95

·
Registered
902 Posts
Woo post pics when you get them! I wanna see

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well they finally arrived....but the CF is not what I expected it to be.

I took some pics of the GTS CF covers.
They are in my photo album- go to the GTS taillight cover album

I do like the covers in that they cover up the taillights and get rid of the boobs, but I'm going to go with
the blackout style instead.
That is why there is masking tape on the covers,I'm exchanging these for the blackout style, I just wanted to take some pictures in case someone does like this CF style.
They sort of remind me of the new eclipse taillights like that.
I'm sorry I didn't have the lights on, I was in a rush yesterday running a bunch of errands.
The light shines through with no problem with this style.

If you order the CF style the part # will have an X at the end.- GTSGT4259X
IF you want the Blackouts the part # will just be GTSGT4259

The website is a little confusing, but they do have both styles.
StreetBeat Customs should really have pics of both styles and differentiate between the two styles.

I'll post pic's then when I receive the blackout style.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I dont know what I think of them... they look like they have been saran wrapped in the pictures :)

Umm.. I dont like how I can still see the boobies.. but I personally don't mind the boobies anyways.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I like how Caenus and I did our brake lights:

http://temujin77.cougardb.com/
http://caenus.cougardb.com/

And of course, the original blacked-out tail lights aka the Goddess of All Black Cougars :) :

http://keliente.cougardb.com/

Personally I like actually painted pieces rather than covers, they're more OEM looking. But I do like how the GTS covers hides the boobs tho. I like the brake light boobs myself but if you want to hide it I think these covers are good way to do it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey when u get the new ones, can u take more pictures, with more angles and close-ups, i wanna see how far they pop out, i dont know if i wanna trade my 2 boobies for one big one....

·
Registered
904 Posts
I received the Blackout style GTS taillight covers.
I actually had received these a while ago but was'nt able to get the pic's up earlier.
They take about 2 weeks as StreetBeat takes the order then relays it to GTS in California.

Yahoo Photo Album- go to GTS Tailight covers

In my album:
All the photos from 563 -573 are the carbon fiber type.
All the photos from 611-633 are the blackout style.

These are taped on again with masking tape, as I want to find a way
to tape them better.
Right now there are 4 places that have tape as you can see, but I would like to secure it better, to tape the entire thing.

The blackout style seems to be a little different than the carbon fiber ones.
They have a "ridge" on the top whereas from what I can recall the CF ones did not.

There are nothing wrong with the blackouts- the grayness and speckled look of the lenses in some of the pics
is because of a bad angle and because they are a little dusty.

The Blackout's also were shipped more securely, they were well wrapped in many sheets of the styrofoam paper and included alcohol pads to clean the taillights to promote better adhesion whereas the CF type was wrapped in 1 sheet of the paper and nothing else.

At $62 they are pricey.
Perhaps somebody else can find them at a different site or order them directly thru GTS at a cheaper price.
There is nothing wrong with StreetBeat Customs, don't think that i'm slamming them. The people at StreetBeat are great.
They let me exchange the CF type for the Blackout style with no hassle.
But maybe one of our Cougar Suppliers-CustomCougars-KrazyKustoms-Draxas , can pull a few strings and get these covers to us at a
cheaper price.

I like 'em though.
They get a big :thumbsup: from me.

(as Streetbeat's disclaimer goes: these might not be legal in your state, so think about it before you order)

edit: link and shpelinn

·
Registered
324 Posts
it's a big bra

1 - 19 of 19 Posts