New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I am just going to start hanging out at the Balanced Performance garage. While I was there sat morning, it was a little slower so I got to chat with the mechanic who's been worked on the Cougar. He showed me a few of the project cars they were working on. The had an MR2 (the last body style, not the convertible) that they dropped a 3.0 from some other toyota in, and they were putting in the electronics to monitor it real time (wideband O2 and controller) for the supercharger they were getting. With the custom exhaust, the were targeting 400+ hp. Oh my.

But that was wussville compared with the Supra some dude was building. It had all custom bodypanels, not kits - real fabricated, and it was good work. It was barely recognizable as a Supra. But the engine bay looked like a sci-fi movie. They had gone to one huge turbo, custom intkae with some weird looking closed manifold over the runners - I've never seen anything like it in person. The mech said the owner was hoping for 1200 hp! But they were prob only going to get 1000... rats. But it was a targa and he only let them put a cage in the back, behind the wheels - nothing but the stock floor frame holding it together. They said it will likely crack the frame if he doesn't get the full cage. Reminds me of the old muscle cars that would get tuned out and drag race and the frame would warp so bad they couldn't open the doors! I wish I had that problem.

:bowdown:

N

·
0 Posts
man you must live really close to there. haha I need to make a trip back up there to get my O2 installed and AFC tuned.

i tell ya what, if they lived close to me they would hate me cause id be there after school, on my lunch breaks just trollin around :rofl:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty close - and very tempting. I was all decided to not mess with the engine anymore... and then I go up there. Not the place to be on a budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts