New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is done. I pick her up tomorrow.. cant WAIT to get on the highway with the EuroSpec Trans.

hmmmm I need to add that to my Mod list hehehehehehe

too bad i didnt get a fidanza...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DROOOOOOLLLL I dont know what the gearing is, but I think I will have a GOOD 1/4 mile time with this trans hehehehehehe
so I cant do 140... I will be at 100 quicker than before....

**snoopy dances**

yeah baby yeah

ok.. done now.. going back to driving around

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
What RPM's do you pull at 65mph?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dunno yet.. havent gone on the highway.. will check tomorrow, and I will let ya know **grin**

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by: JScullin
How is this tranny, being a Euro spec one, different than ours?

different gear ratio's.. im not sure exactly the difference numerically, but I do know its different.. there may be other diferences too (shift tower was WAY different, but it bolted up nicely )

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah!! Felnore is back in commisson! w00t.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: Neil
What RPM's do you pull at 65mph?

just shy of 3000

·
Registered
723 Posts
thats better than mine. I am at almost 4000 at 80. and about 5000 at 110

·
Registered
565 Posts
Im glad to hear you got yoru car back Jay!! But I feel sorry for the car, your gonna beat the crap outta her now, driving it like u stole it, j/k!! Lets hope she stays in one piece for a while!!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: LilFiesty
Im glad to hear you got yoru car back Jay!! But I feel sorry for the car, your gonna beat the crap outta her now, driving it like u stole it, j/k!! Lets hope she stays in one piece for a while!!!

Hey... I wont be beating on it !!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
The difference in the trannies is as follows:

Standard US Gearing:
1st: 3.42
2nd: 2.14
3rd: 1.45
4th: 1.03
5th: 0.77
final: 4.06:1

Euro:
1st: 3.417 (3.42)
2nd: 2.136 (2.14)
3rd: 1.483 (1.48)
4th: 1.114 (1.11)
5th: .854 (.85)
Final: 3.8

Acceleration off the line will be slowed and you'll be able to reach higher MPH in 1st, 3nd, and 3rd over the standard US trannies. Your top speed will be increased a tad.

1/4 mile times may be slowed a little however...could be the same though with that gear change in 3rd and 4th... But you should now be able to reach 60mph in second...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by: pgtatx
The difference in the trannies is as follows:

Standard US Gearing:
1st: 3.42
2nd: 2.14
3rd: 1.45
4th: 1.03
5th: 0.77
final: 4.06:1

Euro:
1st: 3.417 (3.42)
2nd: 2.136 (2.14)
3rd: 1.483 (1.48)
4th: 1.114 (1.11)
5th: .854 (.85)
Final: 3.8

Acceleration off the line will be slowed and you'll be able to reach higher MPH in 1st, 3nd, and 3rd over the standard US trannies. Your top speed will be increased a tad.

1/4 mile times may be slowed a little however...could be the same though with that gear change in 3rd and 4th... But you should now be able to reach 60mph in second...
I think you have that backwards... my top speed is reduced, I was below 3K at 65 in 5th before, and now Im at 3K. meaning I will hit my rev limiter prior to before.

I swear the car will have a faster 1/4

but thanks for the info, the gearing is nice to know :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by: Xerxeese
dunno yet.. havent done her the right way yet.. will check tomorrow, and I will let ya know **grin**

X, what are u doing to ur car?!?!? lol

~warning: this thread has now been pirated by FiRe~

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by: FiRe
Originally posted by: Xerxeese
dunno yet.. havent done her the right way yet.. will check tomorrow, and I will let ya know **grin**

X, what are u doing to ur car?!?!? lol

~warning: this thread has now been pirated by FiRe~

ahhh yes... well done...

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Actually, I'm not wrong...I should've clairified myself for you...

With the 3.8 final drive your 1st abd second gears specifically will be slowed. You'll pull to a higher MPH in these gears. It starts to even even off around 3rd and 4th gears going from the standard taller US gears to the shorter Euro ones.

If you had the 4.06 final drive or the 4.5, your top speed would be decreased as in my case (cut to near 120mph @ 7000rpm). Your top speed should be near the standard set up.

If you can do a test for me...run 2nd gear to the red line and see what the speedometer reads. Standard american Trannies should reach about 56mph, you should see around 60-65.

I had done all the calculations on these trannies to see what type of gearing I needed for my exact goals.

There are a few American Trannies with the euro gearing in them. I happen to have one. The difference is, mine came with the 4.06 final drive in it. Also since mine is not a production tranny, it does not have a standard part number. I replaced my final drive with the 4.5 anyway so it didn't matter.

But if you can run through 1st and 2nd gears for me, that'd be great, and mark the MPH at the RPM you reach.

So overall 1/4 mile times should be near the same...

Hope that clarifies it...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by: pgtatx
Actually, I'm not wrong...I should've clairified myself for you...

With the 3.8 final drive your 1st abd second gears specifically will be slowed. You'll pull to a higher MPH in these gears. It starts to even even off around 3rd and 4th gears going from the standard taller US gears to the shorter Euro ones.

If you had the 4.06 final drive or the 4.5, your top speed would be decreased as in my case (cut to near 120mph @ 7000rpm). Your top speed should be near the standard set up.

If you can do a test for me...run 2nd gear to the red line and see what the speedometer reads. Standard american Trannies should reach about 56mph, you should see around 60-65.

I had done all the calculations on these trannies to see what type of gearing I needed for my exact goals.

There are a few American Trannies with the euro gearing in them. I happen to have one. The difference is, mine came with the 4.06 final drive in it. Also since mine is not a production tranny, it does not have a standard part number. I replaced my final drive with the 4.5 anyway so it didn't matter.

But if you can run through 1st and 2nd gears for me, that'd be great, and mark the MPH at the RPM you reach.

So overall 1/4 mile times should be near the same...

Hope that clarifies it...

Will do this tomorrow, Im in for the night.. would be interesting to see which final drive I have..
I know its a euro tranny from a Contour (there may lie a difference) Purchased from Bat..

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts