New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The news was released yesterday. The Skyline's successor, named "GTR" will be available in Japan, Europe and the US in 2007. I know it is a long way off from now, but just the thought gave me butterflies and feeling the need to live off of water and bread for the next 3 years to save some $$$.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I still don't get why all the hard ons about Skyline GTR... there is a dozen cars that I think I would get for ~$70k before I end up with a GTR. I much rather have a Porsche 911 4S

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Newer Skylines can be had for less $40k. In Japan, that is. Getting them over here and going through the DOT testing is what makes the price rise to $80k. I am pretty sure that these will be priced comparable to the Z.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Skyline is not the same as GTR. Skyline = Infinity G35. It competes with Toyota MkII for middle age sales man/company car market.

The old Skyline GTR coupes were about $60-70k in Japan brand new. The ones imported here were USED and picked up for around $40k and then coverted to LHD for another $30 grand. If you are talking about used ones... heck, I rather buy a used 2000 off-lease Porsche 911 with factory warranty for around $50 - much better bang for the buck. Or a used Covette... Or a used E55... with 4 doors no less...

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
sometimes money isn't an object and just the fact of owning a rare car is what makes it "worth it" for some people...

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
Originally posted by: bzcat
I still don't get why all the hard ons about Skyline GTR... there is a dozen cars that I think I would get for ~$70k before I end up with a GTR. I much rather have a Porsche 911 4S
It's not the point of what it is compared to in it's price range. It's owning a car that is not offered at your local dealership & the prestige of owning a vehicle that not everyone has or even modded. That's the reason for me buying the coug. It's different. My $.02.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ok I guess... but to me Skylines are not that special. An Aston Martin would be special. Skyline doesn't do it for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts