New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
For all the claims that the new GT-R is a clean sheet design and not based on the current Skyline, a lot of Skyline styling cues are pretty evident in it.

I just can't warm up to this car. Sure it's fast, very fast, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
I have to agree with Sonza on this one ... unless seeing it in person changes my mind, it's kinda fugly. I can deal with the front end ... in fact, I kinda like it. However, that rear end leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like pretty much everything about it, except the price tag of $68K for the base, up to $73K for the premium model. I can't see dropping that for a car until my kids are through college. :(

·
Registered
555 Posts
Will it ever make its way over here to the U.S? Or is it only being produced in Japan? I didnt see anything about it shipping out in that article. And yea, the numbers on that car.....:drool:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Apparently it was faster around the 'Ring than the ZO6.

Shame though, because the new monster 'Vette will be hitting the streets about the same time as this car (which is going to be released in the States).

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
reminds me of the gto. not body-wise or ne thing like that. just the naming concept. they had a car and needed a name and thought of using gto, which looks nothing like the new car but thought the name would draw in buyers. same here, new car, needs name, tie in skyline and draw in the tuner buyers. definately an ugly car, but then again, that's just a concept right? the concepts are 99% of the time an overhyped version, then toned down for production. or is that the actual production version?

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
reminds me of the gto. not body-wise or ne thing like that. just the naming concept. they had a car and needed a name and thought of using gto, which looks nothing like the new car but thought the name would draw in buyers. same here, new car, needs name, tie in skyline and draw in the tuner buyers. definately an ugly car, but then again, that's just a concept right? the concepts are 99% of the time an overhyped version, then toned down for production. or is that the actual production version?
that was at the official unveiling in Japan......so yeah... thats what will be on the streets

I mean, its a phenominal car... its meant for 365 days a year, rain, snow, or the race track.
It probably has more computer technology in it than anything else on the road... so long as you are IN the car... its amazing. From the outside, not so much :tongue:

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
reminds me of the gto. not body-wise or ne thing like that. just the naming concept. they had a car and needed a name and thought of using gto, which looks nothing like the new car but thought the name would draw in buyers.
This is in the same vein as previous GT-Rs, with the exception that they removed Skyline from the name and deny that it is based on the Skyline even though the proportions, roofline, window outline, etc suggest otherwise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bodywise this thing is a mesh of different cars. nobody's pointed out the celica looking headlights yet. it's weird looking, i don't know if i'd call it ugly but deffinitely not the best looking car out there. with that much power though, who cares? it'd be fun as hell to drive:cool:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
im not digging the run flat option but otherwise im in love.
What? You don't want to pay what can only be assumed to be astronomical prices for tires that were designed and made only for this car?

I am not going to say I like it yet. I am not put off by the looks at all. I just hope Nissans Tech Center here gets one in the lobby here soon for everyone to check out. I would love to get in and mess around in one of those for a few minutes before a meeting.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts