New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now 2 months ago i was told from a member that his sources told him altezzas would be out by may. well here it is almost june. i saw a set of altezzas on an 87 astro van!!!
they cant make them for the cougar?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
They scrapped the idea. I guess APC didn't figure there'd be enough interest to cover the cost of the molds and production. No Altezzas for us.

·
Registered
482 Posts
hehehe thats funny , I saw altezzas on a yugo and theres like one running specimen hehehe, Im waiting for them too.....when I read that post I got real happy, I want them.Maybe the person who wrote the post could tell us if he sees this,I went through the old posts about 3 weeks ago to see what the website was but I couldnt find the old post, oh well maybe somebody got some info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats bull **** no altezzas for us screw apc man, there is so much intrests from Neco for altezzas i cant understand why they cant make them... There is some sort of an issue here i say we all write emails or something to every possible altezza manufacture.
maybe then we can show them that there is an intrest in altezzas.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You know now that I think of it , it seems like we almost have to beg for mods for our cars ,like we are step children or something ,always have to say "yea were NECO for the cougar ,if you have a honda or acura its like automatic but with us we got to struggle to get something .I hate that @#$% it sucks, whats the big deal, its an american car make the fuc$#@$ parts already..........damn.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have been emailing APC for the last 3 weeks, once a week to one of the email addresses off of their website. The guy has NEVER responded even to answer my question if they carry them or will ever.

So I agree, I think we should get everyone to email them and keep emailing them. Maybe we will get lucky and get a response at least.

·
Registered
482 Posts
you know what , Its fords fault for not giving the cougar the press,scared its going to take from the mustang cash cow, thats what I think ,The cougar is the Probe but it looks to nice to have next to the mustang so throw it to Mercury ,try to bring some sales there but dont make to much of a big deal we dont want to hurt the mustang .If the cougar and the mustang were on the same floor, I think for the price and the looks the cougar would take the sales for the average person ,but for the enthusiast looking for power its the mustang

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
ahh this pisses me off so bad..but im gonna hold it in..on his topic. who ever said somthing about emailing them to make lights for are car..well post it in GENERAL info give the email in a link. and ask ppl to email them!!! i will do it..and so wil most ppl ..to help out NECO!

·
Registered
583 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's NOT going to happen!! (at least from APC)

StreetConcepts and I think Rockford already mentioned that the cost of the mold itself is 95 THOUSAND DOLLARS. That means at 100% profit on the lights (at $438 per pair - mustang price), they would have to sell 200+ sets just to break even ON THE MOLDS!. That's not even counting the cost of materials.

To put it in perspective, NECO can't even muster up 20 people to pay full price on a set of MSDS headers without someone crying "group buy" and pestering the company for further discounts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the mold itself is 95 THOUSAND DOLLARS? What the hell? why would it be that exspensive for the mold? and if its so hard for them to make them for cars that arent as popular as the civic, then why do i see altezzas on 87 astro vans, and like an 89 f 150????

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm guessing here but part of the prob maybe of design of the Cougar tail light...they would have to re-engineer the whole thing. With many other apps. I think they can use some OEM components...(at least they can just copy the parts)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PuckPuck already explained why it's so expensive for the mold. It's pretty expensive per mold "piece", and our lights have several pieces. I have no idea why astro vans and F150s have 'em, but if the parts are at all similar to any other trucks or vans, they could aggrogate the costs. Also, there's a hella lot more astrovans and f150s on the road than cougars. It's ALSO possible that dude you saw had the lights custom-fitted

·
Registered
482 Posts
I still say its all bull#@%$. The people who are on NECO are not the only ones customizing cars they should make them anyway because ford got the original molds the only thing they have to do is make them clear and chrome the inside I assume there are ways to get that from ford for a price less than 95,000 .....ahh ,this is a dead subject, do you think ford actually manufactures the taillights, its probably a different company entirely ,if they wont even manufacture the engine themselves ,why would they do the taillights.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok ok, so lets say that its not practical for a company to produce altezzas for the cougar. Then what can we do for our tail lights besides tail light covers?

·
Registered
113 Posts
What about regular clear taillights? Not the altezza ones but the clear plastic ones.
Anyone know anything about these coming out?

Thanks,

TK

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.