New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp....im posting this mostly for myself and Jeremy's behalf but we've got some questions about this chapter and whethers its even worth keeping around.

Do people want to actually have planned meets anymore? At times recently in the last few months, planning a mod meet, or going to a park, or some other idea was taken with almost no consideration, whereas the meets that drew the crowds were meets a house with loose cougar related activity and more on the social/drinking aspect.

I know I dont wanna waste your time and im not going to let this club waste mine......but do we really wanna make this into something or just let it fall apart? I know for myself and a few others have talked and it's almost a burden trying to figure this out and plan activities.

I understand winters approaching soon and lots of y'all have school currently, but that doesnt mean a post here or there would kill ya. Let us know what YOUR schedules are like, free time, vacations, etc....

I know this is a rant, but honestly it's needed. This chapter used to be alive, full of energy, and it just feels like a void. If thats the case or y'all want someone else to run the show please let me know.

:thumbsup: Management :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Even though Im no longer a cougar owner, I still plan on attending meets as most of you are no longer just "other people in a car club" to me, most of you have become my friends. I think I speak for a good portion of NJNECO on that. I may be way off, but thats what I see anyway. And this is why I think meets have become either off topic social events for a good chunk of members or just dont happen like they used to. Now instead of everybody not really seeing nor talking to eachother besides at meets or on the boards, most have others phone numbers or hang out on a regular basis. Which to me isnt a bad thing, but obviously it isnt the best thing when trying to plan meets.

I dont think a new pres or VP will really change any of that. Ethan and Jeremy are very laid back when it comes to NJNECO and thats how I like it. It gives everybody the chance to speak their mind or plan what they want to plan. In reality, I do not think we really need posistions of power in NJNECO.. Thats not a bash on Ethan or Jeremy, they could stay exactly where they are untill NECO on a whole is an empty board, and that would be great to me.. Im just speaking in general terms, obviously there is plenty of responsible people here to help organize and run NJNECO as a whole, so if you guys feel NJNECO is becoming a burden, step down and thanks for doing what you did these past years. As long as we have a couple moderators here and a couple people with good heads on their shoulders I do not think NJNECO will suffer without a Pres or VP. Other chapters run this way with little to no drama.

I do not post as much here for various reasons, 2 of the biggest are Jen and Jake.. By the time I get home after work, the last thing I really want to do is jump on the computer. I have plenty of time during the day to post, but most of the time, the boards (njneco) are more busy during the hours im not online. And thats fine, I catchup the next day and all is well. I myself am not a very talkative person, so thats why I really dont post anything here. I think we lack the people in NJNECO that make other chapters and the entire board so active.. People who "like to talk to just to hear themselves speak".. People who are constantly trying to get their post counts higher or post things like "Hey, i went to the store today.. blah blah blah".. We just dont have those kinda members here, or they post elsewhere.

I dont know, I say live and let live... Everybody knows they can always set up a meet, if you dont like the activity level here, create some... You want more meets.. Plan them.. It may take a few tries to get everybody's dates to line up being school is in full session, winter is comming upon us, little daylight, etc... Winter is just not the time of year for meets.. never has been in NJNECO. And thats cool with me since you all know that I HATE THE COLD ;)

This is just my .02 :)

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're very true about the changing of status people interact with each on here. Ya know before, i know for myself, I just considered people on here as neco peeps, and thats where they fell.....but something Jeremy and I discussed was that same fact....a few on here have become good friends, and that relationship does change things in regards to meet ideas and location.

Im speaking more of posting ideas for a meet, ideas from people, talking to them via AIM, and such. I just feel more people want to have the party, which is fine for them, rather then do something more say...."car related" or club oriented. Theres times i sit back and look at our meets, see our threads, and all i can remember is maryland neco from a little while back....and i'd rather not have this place go that direction.

It's also the involvement, i mean...read the last 10 threads, it's like the same 5-6 people posting. If we took a poll nw, we'd probably have 10 members maybe, i checked fastcougar's registry....theres well over 120 nj listed members. I know lots of other chapters just post to post, but that whole social aspect thing is included in the posting. If i never posted, would ya know who i was in here? Would ya get an idea of my personality?? It's just as integral as anything meet wise.

Also, im really just venting. It's not so much the job thats irritating, it's finding out peoples motivaton outside the social/drinking aspect of meets. Regardless of what we do, there will be social aspects to the meet, more then likely alcohol through the night. I'd just rather that was a secondary focus.

but you're right.....jeremy and i are very laid back when it comes to this and we could easily live and let live and see what happens. I can easily turn a blind eye to what i feel personally about this place, but i was giving it one more shot to help me help it, before i start ignoring things.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Yup...

I was thinking about the first few meets I attended, and then the mets after that, and still ones more recently, and I noticed how the people changed, the number of people decreased, and the focus of the meet disappeared.

I consider some of NJNECO friends, and others I'd like to consider friends. I'd like to meet other people on here. This is kind of like my alternate world. Ya know, like the other people I probably would've never met if it weren't for here.

I know mod meets don't work so well in a large group, and seems to be much better when it's just Axio coming to my house to check out my girlfriend, my ass, and have me work on his car. Or if it's Axio going to Masta's to get work done on his car while he plays with himself. Or if it's axio going to someone elses house to get work done on his car...wait... ;)

But seriously, I think we should schedule social and a mod events. And try to drag some of the new members, or ones with names but no faces out to just say hi.

The basic NJ list for every meet is:

Jeremy (Damn I'm sexy)
Ethan (wishes he was no longer an ATX 4banger owner)
Jon (no longer a coug owner)
John (Can you work on my car??)
Pete (can't see over the steering wheel)
Mary (I own a cougar which I haven't seen in 2 years)
Katie (My dad rocks)
George (no longer a coug owner)
Chris A (SVT owner)
Stewy (Who disappeared in recent times)

Then the rest of the guests are usually out of staters, which I guess is fine with me.

I mean maybe we need to break up the NJ, NY, and PA chapters into regions, so each area can get a broader member base, yet everyone will be within 2-3hrs max of every meet.

I don't know...but I do notice that when I come on here, there is no one left.

Maybe NJ NECO will just become a board, and nothing more. And people can hang out in their own little groups, and do mod work whenever and wherever they like.

The Pres and VP, basically have no authority, as the majority of the posters in here will come to meets already. Maybe we need to email all the registered NJNECO people, and see if they are interested in a meet/show/social event.

I kind look forward to the spring and summer for meets and stuff, but I guess this summer may not be to busy with meets.

Oh well...If anyone has any ideas for the future of NJ NECO post it here, and let's get going.

G

·
I know that I haven't been active as you could see, I think I'm still a newbie:banghead:
Regardless, I still think NJNECO will survive has a NJ cougar owner club-just like it was intended for. I'm sure next spring our NJNECO members will be setting up ideas for "meets" like a how to. I know I'm thinking of asking help on a how to for replacing brake pads/rotors.

Also i just wanna say thanks to the moderators on this board for keeping us members informed. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I may be trying to sell my cougar since i went import crazy (no not a honda, i'm talking my eclipse) but i still consider most of the people here friends to some extent, everyone here is great, although meets do lose that whole mod plan and become a place to drink and b.s. but even after i sell my cougar i still plan to come to meets here and there to see who's done what to their car and whats going on in who's life. so all in all i think NJNECO needs to stay together, and pull through this

·
Registered
69 Posts
First of all, I went to a meet awhile back now, and no one said a word to me the whole time I was there.... Luckily, that day Pete drove me to this meet. We hung out together throughout the whole meet since no one else would talk to us that whole time, so I found that to be rude to not be talked to. And just watch everyone else talking amongst themselves and not even trying to get to know me. So, that alone got me annoyed. Then, secondly, I no longer have my cougar.. :(...It was leased, went back to the dealer, and now I have moved on to a 2002 Dodge Stratus SE Coupe.. And, lastly I do not know many of you that well with the exceptions of Adam, Jon, Pete, and Ethanwhom I talk to through AIM and email.. And it looks to me that a lot of you live pretty close to me considering I live in Marlboro, NJ.. So, I feel that I do not belong to this club for these reasons.. But, I have to admit that this club has a great set of people for those of you that I know already, as mentioned above.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok...think i need to kinda clear stuff up. Im not talking about disolving njneco.....it'll always be here. It's a chapter on the NECO boards, so dont think it's being delted or disbanded.

Im more or less asking what kinda of motivation is needed to get this chapter back to where is used to be? Everyone wanting to make mods, post, hang out, enjoy everything on here??

Jeremys right, this board can be left to be just that......a simple forum to post whenver and a few of us will still plan little minimeets, and whats all fine if good.

I understand quite a few are moving or have moved onto other cars, and we always want them to come to meets. Lisa, you had 1 meet experience and it didnt take. Those same people you had issues with probably dont even come to meets anymore. It's always worth a shot, hell...i've had plenty of disagreements with folks on here, but that doesnt stop me from wanting to hang out with everyone.

So anyone else?? Thoughts, comments, criticisms, ranting?? Nows the time to get it all out.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I'd absolutely love to go to meets, but you guys live so far down south. It's like a 2-3 hour drive for me.

Mike

·
Registered
549 Posts
ok now its my turn to say how i feel....

i wanted to see what some other people say first before i posted... ummm i had 3 meets at my house and everytime it seemed to get a little more involving alcohol- i know that everyone who came to the meets at my house i made sure to introduce myself to, and no one ever seemed left out- well at the last meet some bad things happen and ive just kinda havent thought about having a meet since

i love all of you guys and right now i am in class every saturday until december- but maybe we can get a meet set up beginning of december or something... maybe??

i dont mind hosting more meets (mod meets that is)... and if everyone wanted to get together- lets just have a big meet and i guess if some people have to drive then thats the only way were goin to get to meet anyone, i live pretty central so its even from everyone.

i understand your concerns ethan and totally know where you are coming from- i havent even posted that much lately bc ive been so busy, but id still be up for a meet and possibly having one

but for right now- the people who dont post on here anymore, or who arent active- i mean if we are planning a meet (like stewy did a while ago) post if you can or CANT go, if you read it then u could at least let us know... that way we can get an accurate number of people- instead of the 50 million that are on the site- i dont mean to sound rude or anything- no personal attacks- but i def understand what you all are saying

ok thats all byebyes!

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
don't worry. it's not just a njneco thing. mass/conn has gone this way recently also. i think a majority of the chapters do/have at some point, it just takes a little initiative from the hard-core members to keep things going strong.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I wanna complain about it too... but instead of doing that, how about this:

Who's down for a meet? My house, pick the weekend, name the mods, bring the jackstands. Consider this an open invite.

I also want to remind all of you to look to the dancing banana for inspiration. Let the motion of his ocean be your guide: :banana:

<----- Still a Cougar owner, but doesn't drink anymore ;)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Awesome Frank, good deal :thumbsup:

Ok, my turn to rant.

Things just seem the same as they did my first summer with NJNeco. It figures, at the time I had my old coug and was about to trade it in so I couldn't mod it or anything. Now since I've had my new coug, I'm all about working on it etc. A year ago today I knew 3/4 less about what I know today and I have Jerm, Chris Alphabet, Masta, and a few others to thank for all they taught and helped with my modding. Others should have this chance to learn as I did and maybe I can teach something to someone.

Everyone can drink. That's easy. To actually care about the club and meeting new and old friends takes consistency. This is not a bar, its a car club.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
OK...so let's do something

First off I think wee need to email everone registered in NJ NECO...maybe not everyone, but anyone who has posted here within the past few weeks or months.

Then see what or if everyone is interested in doing for a meet, or see if they can come on here and just post some crap, just get the flow going.

Then we can have a meet...

I have a big mod to install soon, and I'd love to have a meet for that, but I'm not sure if it's possible. it'd be a great learning experience for all, and really awesome when it's all done. This we'll see about...\

Either way, I think we should set up social events and meet as separate things. Have a drink and BS this weekend, and install some mods and bs, next weekend.

I can gladly sit around and BS about the cougar, or anything else for hours on end. Of the NECO members I know, I like most if not all, and would gladly get wasted with each and every one of them...but I'd also be glad to just chill or do some mod installs with them...

And frank...it's good to hear from you...You'll have to take me for a ride in the Stang again...that was definitely fun at my house...though I think I could beat on it better ;)

I'll go for a mod meet for a shill meet a franks...sounds good to me...Maybe we can change my O2's...

Maybe it's time for another dyno meet...and everyone with whatever car they have can come...That first Dyno meet I was at, I a blast at...

;)

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
I'd absolutely love to go to meets, but you guys live so far down south. It's like a 2-3 hour drive for me.

Mike

Thats no excuse.....I have driven that far to every single meet since I've been here. :wave:

The day I drive less then 1.5 hours is the day the world will end as we know it :wiggle:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
This season, Ethan hosts all the meets down in Cape May! :) I know Jen is dying to hang out down there.. Just gotta do it when the weather is nice but the "visitors" havent arrived yet.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
i know that i am no longer a member of njneco.. or atleast live in nj. i do have to say that i miss it.. i have been down there a few times since i moved. i still remember the people and the meets that had a big impact on my life.. when i first moved down there i had a number of people who helped me out beyond belief.. One thing i never did and i want to do know is to thank everyone who befriended me and helped me out in ways that i cant thank them enough for.. First off.. Mary thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for everything you and your father did for me .. I still to this day wish i could some how pay you back .. and i will never forget what you did for me .. Ethan and Jon (axio) thanks for helping by leading me in directions for helping me getting jobs.. i really appreciate it.. Ron (lefty) for being there ( even though i worked on your car most of the time ,, hehehehhe) jk.. Pete , Frank , and Jeremy/sharon thanks for all the good times we had outside the meets, but really despite on how i left nj i would still like to thank everyone in nj neco for some of the best times in my life.. katie, brian , jon (mastamoon), branden, and anyone else i forgot .. but thanks again .. but i know how things are with nj neco .. cuz right now mass conn is kinda the same way right now.. i helped start mass conn and at first the meets were great , no real drinking and more about cars. then as we grew closer as friends , drinking and other various out of control antics grew.. the meets became less about the cars and more about the party. well key people started to get sick of it and left.. things changed .. and now there is some what of an uneasyness at some of the meets.. i do have to say that some of my best friends have come out of the meets , neco and cougarfest.. but my advice to you, comming from seeing and being at several different chapter meets .. is keep things like a bbq/ mod scene and basically .. be gear headish for one day .. be about the cars but have a personality about it .. talk cars but be open to other topics to. you can have a meet that is also not only about car but about people to.. and the best way to know someone is to talk to them when they feel comfortable. if it takes a lil bit of alcohal then is should be ok.. but keep it in moderation. cuz one of the problems in this country now is drunken driving.. a beer or 2 is ok ,.. but going overboard is not .. i think people just need to know when to call it quits on the booze and things should be ok.. i know im sounding pretty hipocritical. i know some of you remember me drilling holes in brandens car.. yes . but i have learned and i curved my drinking .. and things got a little bit better when i cut it down to 2-3 beers. i still get to drink , have fun and save face.. i know this might now make alot of sense .. but please understand this .. thanks to everyone i met at the nj meets and i hope things in everyones eyes turn around and become great again .. and who knows i might be able to make it down to one meet soon.. thanks again to everyone . and goodluck ..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hey guys, im sorry I havent been on and posted ina while, been busy with my family since my uncle died. I was a bit hesitant to post to this cause im not sure Im still considered a part of NJ Neco since I moved to Ohio for school, but Im gonna put my $.02 in anyways. To me the forums are just the forums, not be taken too seriously, and I try to keep my personal life away from Neco, but we all know how well that turned out, lol. NJ NECO is not just a chapter on the boards, its more like a small family. Our car club has awesome people always willing to help others out, and we have created some really great friendships here too. I know we have had some problems at past meets with drinking and such, but you cant change whats already done, except to make guidelines for upcomming meets. I think it would be great to have a mod meet, a real mod meet before the weather gets too much colder. I am always more than willing to help out or host meets, but im here in Ohio and really cant do much. I dont wanna see anything negative happen to our chapter, we are unlike any other car club out there, and i never wanna loose touch with the people in it. I do hope everything works out for the best!! And cant wait to see everyone when Im back in Jersey.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ok, i know that i have been a member for a while now and i have only been to one meeting for NJNECO and one for KeystoneNECO, but my thing was, was that I really didnt feel that close to anyone, i tried to talk to a couple people, but that little talk was it. I really wasnt able to find anyone that wanted to get to know ME. And it doesnt help that I have had my coug in and out of the shop since may and not being able to do any of the mods that I have (intake, B&G springs, and i was supposed to get borla exhaust if my car got fixed :( ) but my car still inst fixed and supposed to get fixed this weekend. But u know what, I have posted about my car being out of commission and no one except ethan has even asked me about it or seen if they could help.
I actually have been to 3 times as many meets for my boyfriends GTP and are actually friends with those people which i dont seem to be with my own car club.
One thing i have to say, is that i am a college student, but i have done the drinking thing already, and i dont wanna combine it with my car club. i want to be in a car club thats about the cars, not about the drinking or social aspect, but the social aspect would be a plus. I have never seen alcohol nor has anyone ever mentioned drinking in the past 6 meetings that I have been to this year for his GTP club.
I am always around here at Rider and if anyone wants to hang out or get to know me, they are more than welcome to come by and visit or chill.

I am sorry though that i dont post a lot, most of the things that are posted on here, i hvae nothing to say about. The posts that i see most often are about your day, not about this super cool mod that someone just did to their car.

And finally I dont know what you guys like about your cougar or car, but i like mine because its a domestic and i am very against ricers. And a lot of the time people post or talk about "Hot import night" which just isnt me at all. If i could, I would have an Saleen S281 in my driveway right now, but i dont have the means for that right now. There is no way i would ever buy an Evo or WRX (no offense to those that have those cars, i do respect them and the power that they get out of a 4banger.) they just arent my kind of car.

Basically, I would like to continure being in this club (though i am not doing anything to my car until it is finally fixed which might never happen), and maybe finally find some people that want to be friends with me. Let me know if i am not the kind of person who should be here, because if you dont think i should be here, let me know and i will leave. Thanks for listening to me in this LOOOOONNNNGGG post, and I hope to maybe talk to some of you one day. :)

~Rachel

1 - 20 of 35 Posts