New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im very proud of this mod cuz i did it by my self (exept the help of my dad to fit it in the trunk)
i cut this out of raw diamond plate and i still have some left over..im gonna make 4 more thing..ill post when i get around to making them

but for now tell me what ya think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
diamond plate rules:bowdown: although i really hate it whenever you get a lil piece of gravel on one of them and it rolls around and drives you insane, know what i mean? oh ya, looks cool.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
looks nice, but i have a question: was there a specific reaosn why you didnt cover the whole bttem? like make it fit to the curves? IIRC, i dont think it can fut into there in one piece if it does go along all the curves and sides, but i was just wondering why you didnt try, or if you did, or whatever.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that piece alone was very hard to fit in there. it would be imposible to put those curves on....it would never fit. i could just make the side pieces and just set them next to the big one but i dont know if it would look good with the cracks.

cost: it cost me NOTHING :) my dad had this huge piece laying around cuz he was gonna make some kinda cover for his truck bed but never did it. lucky me i guess

·
Registered
378 Posts
that looks sweet. if u took out the carpet and used it as a template would it have worked then? i might have to try it because i like the diamond look.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by: VHull03

for the lazy-as-me people

Ironic... as you went ahead and did MORE work by posting that... :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
looks really good i like it a lot, guys there is no way you can do the whole floor with out a join ive just put a false floor in mine spent ages getting it perfect......then had to chop a piece off of the side cause i couldnt get it in in one:stupid:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
beautiful... I have never seen a piece out there to buy that was that huge... I always wanted to do something like that but hell if I was gonna piece it all together.. I like what you did.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
nice work. It amazes me people spend 100 bucks on diamond plate floormats when you can buy the stuff for 20 bucks at lowes and cut it yourself.... or at least buy one set thats perfect for show and use it as a template for some other ones for everyday use

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
since when can you get it at lowes or home depot

the stores aorund me dont have it

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: topgunz1
nice work. It amazes me people spend 100 bucks on diamond plate floormats when you can buy the stuff for 20 bucks at lowes and cut it yourself.... or at least buy one set thats perfect for show and use it as a template for some other ones for everyday use

i know what you mean..i dont think that piece i used was 20 buck i think it cost alot more...but cutting was ALOT easier then i thought it would be. all i used was a jig saw with a metal cutting blade...and i used black tape to make a straight line.

i noticed alot of ppl on NECO like Diamond plate. so the next thing im gonna make (ill post pictures when im done) im gonna make two one for me and one to sell.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by: cougar8970
since when can you get it at lowes or home depot

the stores aorund me dont have it
my local lowes has ish loads of diamond plate stuff.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Looks nice, I almost made a plate for the floor, but sold that peice for a sub box front.
Oh and a usual peice of Diamond plate is shippd in a 4'x8' panel, like most plywood. Not expensive if you but it in more than one sheet, for some reason it cost a hell of alot more for smaller peices. For a while I couldnt find any, but my brother works as an inventory guy at Home-Depot, they can special order the material.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts