New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please dont delete this because it affects us all on this NECO forums. I dont have off topic anymore because i took it off my preferences, and it definately belongs here.
Okay I dont want this to become a fight, but I would like us to all talk about these situations we all have on each other..
I know a lot of people need to get this off their chest so let me be the first one to start this section of posting.

I want to express how I feel..because I am not happy with everyone being negative with each other, that is why I am speaking up.
These forums have not been very nice to each other, it seems like we all aren't considered equal because of all these modifications.
I thought modifying our cougars was supposed to make us happy, and for us to be happy we express it on NECO forums. Some people have been getting negative opnions about wheels, and that shouldn't bother anyone, but when they go out to make someone upset (not saying any names) that isn't fair.

Just because we don't have heavily modified cougars, doesnt mean we aren't trying hard to make "ourselves" happy. and I'm sure everyone can understand where I'm coming from.

I am happy with my cougar, and I am happy with all the modifications I have put on this car. Even if I dont plan on keeping it for a long time, I will still remember the hard work I put into it.

These forums is to talk and express how we feel about products out for our cars today, and to agree and disagree. Not to sit there and bash people if they are trying to do something out of porportion like a insane paint job or hydrolics on a cougar. Also not to bash people because they dont have enough mods to be on top like some people who have done tons of stuff to their interior or exterior or engine. and for my own personal reason, not to bash me because I'm making jokes about wearing a bikini and getting a sponsorship. I am for real though talking with friends who do have sponsorships who dont even have half as much as we do on our cougars with sponsorships. I'm sure if some of you who do have sponsorships feel pretty special about that, but dont mean you dont give me any chance to try for some myself.
I don't have to go by the rules of how everyone else gets sponsored, and I dont have to take anyones bashing towards me because I am expressing that I might get one, just like how the rest of you expressed how you guys were working on yours. Especially since I don't really post that much on here, I get no respect for what I say when I want to say it right.

Also, I have talked to a lot of you, and I have realized alot of people on here dont even want to bother posting because they know it might bother them if they say the wrong thing, or have a mod that isn't good enough.

Can't we all just accept each other like how you would at work, or at school or at home? I'm sure everyone always has come to disagreements but does it have to be like this??

I'm sure most of you who have been upset by all these forums have turned to forums like contour.org because they know how to handle their situations and I see that they dont treat their members like the way ours have become a big issue of who is top and who is best and who is ugly and who is the worst. and all the middle people are always the ones afraid to speak up and get ideas.

So if everyone could express how they feel today, about this, then maybe we will all be a happy NECO place once again.

I don't mind if all of you are going to vote on taking me off these forums, because at least I told you all how i felt, and how others felt without naming any names right now. At least I can say I tried to get the message across. And if this post gets erased, then we will never be able to work things out between each other because no one will be expressing themselves and without expressing there will always be conflict without expression.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
For one: There is no reason to kick you off. So drop that. If it wasn't for you many of us would still be wondering what Street Weapon was. That alone makes me want to help you out. As I did with the whole rim thing that I promised to keep hush hush. Anyways... All I got to say is this. You came off pretty serious about your sponsorship ideas and the whole being a girl on the east coast modifing a domestic. You also came off very serious about wearing the bikini. Infact if you re-read your post you just made, you contradicted yourslef within the same paragraph. Go forth with what you wanna do. Dont let anyone on NECO stop you. The 3 of us with sponsors (NOT AN ELITE GROUP) Have just been trying to give you advise and yet you still think we are being mean. Get the sponsor however you have to as long as its legal. My viewpoint is this though. If your car can get a sponsor, you have no reason being sponsored. Enjoy your car... you seem like you got something to prove by winning this weekend at the show and by getting a sponsor. Geeez I rather not post the sponsors I get cause some damn hermit on this board will pop up and say something smart and I will just go off. I do agree about the drama of the boards, but on the topic of the sponsorship and you, I think you need to sit back and re-read everything and you will realize We were trying to help you.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I take the situation like this.

Everything I read or hear on the internet stays right there.

I dont know why some people take what somebody says on a message board so deeply? Are you that deprived of real human contact that you have to live vicarously through a messageboard? Come on now. If you dont like what goes on here you have 2 options, read it and move on, or leave! simple. No matter what you do or where you go in life there will always be somebody who doesnt like you or what you say, or what car you drive, or how you dress. I dont know why people think its any different on the net!

The reason im guessing this happens is this.. Some people on the internet(probably more than some) do not have great or happy social lives. They have turned to the internet, where they think they are protected from people seeing the real them. Thinking all is going to be cool, they open up and start feeling comfortable.. Then wham, somebody says something that hurts them and they get pissed off. But here on the net, unlike real life, they can ***** and moan and probably get those mean people removed from their lives or their good time. And this makes them happy.. So it gets deeper and deeper untill they loose touch with reality.. They forget that the world doesnt comform to them, they have to comform to the world.

I dont know, im bored at work and feel like babbleing.. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Question: Why do people have to episode everytime someone says something they dont like? Who gives a ****, its a damn forum, heh. If someone told me they didnt like whatever I was doing, I wouldnt episode and threaten to leave NECO or post a big novel, id just be like 'well its my car, deal with it'

·
Registered
365 Posts
*STRETCH* *SNAP* *CRACK* *ALRIGHT TIME TO RESPOND*

The way the forums are going - hmmmm - I know in the past I have asked what some might consider a dumb question, but I asked it. If people ripped on me, that is fine, at least I still got the answer I was looking for. that brings me to point 1 - there are no dumb questions, so ask away, you will get your answer.

Next thing, I have been around here a LONG time, since early 99. I have never seen any aggression on the board, just people posting their opinions. I encourage people to post their opinions, especially in my threads, I expect it. How can you expect to grow as an individual if you will not listen to the opinions of other no matter how cras they are. Now what you do with their opinions is your business. Granted some people are flat out rude when they post thier opinion, but I just chalk that up to them not having such a good education.

Next point, this is directed to you synergii, from your post I get the opinion that you want to make yourself some sort of martar on the NECO boards. Like you are trying to save us from ourselves. I will agree that lately there seems to be some hostility on the board about who is cuter and who has a better looking car and who can bench press the most and who can land a sponsor and how. Frankly I could give a rats @ss who got what sponsor as long as they are showing their Cougar. Isn't that what everything is about, our cars, not our sponsors, our shoe size, our paint job, our 32" rims, who cares! With that said I hope you feel better getting your post off your chest.

Now for my own 2 cents, if any of you tries to get duct tape to sponsor your cougar before me than we will literally have a fight on our hands. I will bet that I have the One cougar here that has been to hell and back and back again. I have just rolled 90K, I have every damn ding and scratch to prove it, but I love my car. Secondly, I will have to bet that I am the ugliest sob on this board as well.

LOL - As I have said before and will say again - relax, pull your "Unmentionables" out of your @ss, and drink a beer.

LONG LIVE HOMER SIMPSON

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Well I guess I missed the bashing post but it must have been in off topic, which I don't check very often. With out seeing that post, I think this is a mountain out of a mole hill. Open forum, true opinions here. If I don't like wheels that look like chinese stars, then that is exactly what I am going to say. I have posted questions about different mods to get opinions good or bad. For me, I think what if that person really can't tell what that is going to look like and they are wanting to be convinsed one way or another and want my honest opinion. I don't pay much attention to the sponsorship, car show thing. You know I don't think my car will win any awards until it is 10 or more years old and some what of a classic. I don't have a crazy amount of money to spend on my Cougar and do what I want to it when I can do it. Just enjoy having a Cougar and have fun. Sure it would be nice if we could all enter car shows and win but that just isn't possible or probably desired. If that is your desire then go for it! Don't take no for an answer. Just a word of caution though. If you are offened by opinions here. What is going to happen if you don't win???

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
ummm... what Spytech said before....

sinergy... honestly you are making this post because someone told you they didn't beleive in what you were doing... a month or more ago there was some hostility however i find that in the last few weeks everyone seems to be getting along just fine... tiffs happen, heck my fiance just got in another argument with her friend, i bet you that they'll kiss and makeup next time they see each other... that's life...

anyhow i find that this post is useless and is simply a reminder of what we have done before...

btw: compared to other forums this one is possible the friendliest ones around... include CEG and especially compared to focaljet or clubsi

tankxla - me in you are in competition for that duct tape sponsorship... maybe one day you'll stop by my house and understand why.... EVERYTHING is rigged with duct tape, i even made a sign on the wall to commemorate it and slaped a duct tape seal of approval on it

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, I didn't think everyone thought I was upset. I'm not affected as dramatically as everyone thinks I am.

I know I made this post public, but I have never said anything negative on the NECO forums from the 225 posts that I have made.
I too have been with NECO since early 99. So how come I can't express myself to all of you the way that it needs to be done?
I am not only doing this to get input from everyone on here, and I am not trying to prove anything or solve anything, I just wanted everyone to know how I felt and how some other people feel that won't speak up. I didn't know some of you were going to start thinking this was all about me me me..because it's not.
I just figured that we all need to talk things out with everyone on these forums..not to cause any conflict.

Anyways..I'm going to keep being the sweet innocent cougar owner on this forum, and not be judgemental anymore, because it just proves that it doesn't get me anywhere by speaking up.

Again I was just trying to express..and we are all allowed to do that right?

G

·
TO PUCK PUCK -- you know better than anyone when i first came on here and up until just recently we had our.....disagreements, but after several off-sessions, we have straightened most issues out. the REASON i believe we have been able to straighten them out is we know where each other comes from as far as knowledge now. right? i believe that might be some of the issue, when people disagree, they venemously disagree, becuase, i believe, they don't know where the other person is comming from.

If someone has little social life, that is their own life and their own problems, some of us are car enthusiasts or so as it is called a "weekend warrior" and their are some of us like me that do this for a living. certified and all. I believe that skill level comes into play entire not enough.

you have to take people at their word, it is their own morals and soul if they are lying, but theres nothing you can do by bashing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ok heres my 2 cents....I think alot of people should just calm down from what everone says on the message board. Everytime I read a new post someone is asking a question about "well what do you think about this or that"....and the first person who says "well i dont like it", everyone (or the person who asked the question in the first place) jumps on that person yelling like a 5 year old about "how could you say that about my car". Its stupid. Its like me asking "oh how do i look" and having everyone tell me that im fine when i got tp stuck to my shoe or something. Everyone has the right to their opinion on what they like and dont like. Everyone here is here to help or get help on their cougars. Granted that there are people who have moded cougars and those that dont and those that dont even have a cougar on this message board. Those with moded cougars are not considered higher than anyone else on this board. I have never once heard James, Brian, or Craig say "I am god kiss my feet." So if anyone here thinks that they do think that then you have some issues of your own because they dont. Yes they post who they are being sponsered by and so on and so forth and they are not trying to throw it in anyones face. But why cant they be proud of their cougars and all the hard work they have put in to it. I have helped Brian alot with his car and I am very proud of him and the cougar. Just like I would assume that Amy is proud of Craig and so on and so forth. (sorry james dont know who the significant other is). Anyway, Susan asked a question about her rims and some people liked them and some didnt. People just told you that you have to go to sponsers not sponsers coming to you. Even if you were joiking, no one thought you were and I even read it and thought you were serious. Just like the rims, james was giving you advice on what sponsers want and how to get them. No one had any drama in that thread. I just think that people should calm down and not jump on everyone when they say something that they think. If someone is trying to help you, dont make a new post on drama in the forum. No one knew you were joking so why continue the discussion with a new thread about drama. And if someone tells you that your rims are ugly ignore them...not everyone has the same taste at least you know that that person will not buy those rims. And if someone gets pissed off at you becasue you get a sponser or a trophy...then dont kick, scream, and yell at them on the message board, just ignore them, thank the other people for the congrats and go on with your life posting while you look at the trophy on the wall next to your computer. Anyway, thats my 2 cents. And like i always say I dont care if someone comes on here and says im wrong about something because maybe I am and maybe Im not, but that is their opinion.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
For the record:

I'll use this guideline for my posts....

Of my posts.......

30% will be me bragging...
30% will be compliments...
20% will be questions....
15% will be "constructive critisism"

5% will be off-topic goof......

If everyone follows my lead I think everything will be fine......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.