New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I suppose this is a story of learning, luck, and how I got the hook-ups to join a car club<-- Which pretty much means jack cause I live in ND. Car clubs don't mean squat.

Back when I had my contour I'd cruise Main street a bit. Well about 2AMish I pull alongside a truck and we pipe each other. We hit a streak of green lights so we're going about 80 to 90 when we get close to the next light. Starts turning red and I think I have the time to make it through. But about 50 yards to the light I realize I gotta cut it short. Step on the brakes and they instantly lock up. So I'm sliding at about 40mph when I get to the light. How am I going to stop myself? Oh, of course the E-brake! I bloody take this corner at 40mph and luckily my car sticks to the ground as I'm e-braking around this corner. Pull it off to a T. Lucky I didn't break loose and start rolling into the resturaunt across the street.

Most definately the dumbest thing I've ever done in a car. Looking back, if any small rock, pothole, slick surface woulda been in my way....they would have been serving fried leg of Josh for lunch that afternoon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
^haha

Could've been the last stupidest thing you've ever done =X

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better get your flamesuit on.
:tounge: Yeah, I already put that puppy on before I posted, I was thinking ahead. ;) I've did some really stupid things as a kid, one more account of horribly curbing my car. Woulda cost over 1.2k to get fixed, got my car badly high-centered doing some more e-braking; not to mention the countless front end alignments, tires, and two rims I went thru.

Hopefully somone else will learn that's it's rather stupid to do these things, not to mention BLOODY costly, and most of what you can do puts someone else at risk, not just yourself. Keep it off the streets....

Could've been the last stupidest thing you've ever done =X
X.X Yeah and I'm just so glad for some reason nothing flubbed up. :bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts