New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an A/F gauge (used) and installed it today. I needed something to fill my other gauge pod as I have relocated my nitrous pressure gauge. Anyways, I had heard that it is "just a light-show." I didn't know it was THIS bad.

BTW: That was my first edited video - so it is kind of sub-par. I couldn't figure out how to add text in there to start the video out, so it's just blank until the video kicks in:rofl:

·
Registered
746 Posts
thats freakin crazy

G

·
Originally posted by: carsnrockmusic
it's not just a light show if you use it for tuning with a wideband o2
most 40 dollar af gauges cant read the voltage outputs by Widebands.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Cant remember if you are supposed to hook up to downstream or upstream, but you have it hooked to the one your not supposed to lol. One does what yours does and one stays pretty still

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
What kind is that?

* I was reading the AutoMeter directions and they state,"oxygen sensor should be installed in a spot where exhaust from all cylinders flows past it.The oxygen sensor should also be installed as close to the cylinder head as reasonably possible so that the sensor reaches operating temperature quickly. If headers are used, the oxygen sensor should be installed in the collector. If cast iron manifold(s) are used, install the sensor in the pipe just below the manifold. Mounting in the left or right side is acceptable. If monitoring of both sides is desired, a second oxygen sensor can be used and a switch (purchased locally) can be wired to toggle back and forth between both sensors.

Theres the directions i got it from: AutoMeter A/F Gauge

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Mine is very consistant. Yours however is on crack.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: mond12345
What kind is that?

* I was reading the AutoMeter directions and they state,"oxygen sensor should be installed in a spot where exhaust from all cylinders flows past it.The oxygen sensor should also be installed as close to the cylinder head as reasonably possible so that the sensor reaches operating temperature quickly. If headers are used, the oxygen sensor should be installed in the collector. If cast iron manifold(s) are used, install the sensor in the pipe just below the manifold. Mounting in the left or right side is acceptable. If monitoring of both sides is desired, a second oxygen sensor can be used and a switch (purchased locally) can be wired to toggle back and forth between both sensors.

Theres the directions i got it from: AutoMeter A/F Gauge

Yup, that's EXACTLY how mine is hooked up.

GMK, what kind of A/F gauge do you have?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I have the autometer cobalt. I have no intention of using it for any tuning perposes. It however has assisted with detection of a vaccume leak and confirmation of fixed said vaccume leak.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
I have the autometer cobalt. I have no intention of using it for any tuning perposes. It however has assisted with detection of a vaccume leak and confirmation of fixed said vaccume leak.
What was the gauge doing when you had a vacuum leak?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.