New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was one of the contour guys that did it very first, but not sure who.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
David Z on CEG was the first. Then there's no way to count who did second and so on..lol.

-Dom
David Z not only did the swap first but also posted numbers that others were unable to beat for a time. :cool:
Other early swappers include Rick "Buckshot" Blackwell, Brad Noon, Tom "Warmonger," and "DemonSVT."

·
Registered
765 Posts
First 2001 ovalport hybrid conversion was a CEGr by the name of Jiako.

He's one of the first to identify the issues with aligning the LIM.

I only remember DavidZ being ahead of me in my swap. I started my 3L project in September of 2000 and completed my full 3L hybrid in November of 2000. It was completely stock intake and exhaust minus the gutted precats and optimized y-pipe.
I dyno'd it in either January or February of 2001 and at the same time I stuck in Leda Suspension springs, a GReddy EGT gauge and BAT 22mm rear sway bar.
Fastest fwd non-turbo car in the area for a long time! :cool:

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
I wasn't actually the first Cougar. Someone in the UK did it first. I beleive he finished one weekend, and I finished the next.

I beleive buckeyesvt did the first full Oval Port. I could be wrong. If not I may be one of the first to do this.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
so puck, hows the new insane build going? havent heard an update in many months.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
I ran into someone dragging there feet, Pauter rods unavailalbe, and just a crazy busy 3rd Quarter of the year working... I actually had to take a week off of work just so I can do stuff this week.

Right now the engine bay is painted and wired, the engine is sitting on a stand in my garage, completely finished, except for an oil pick-up tube. Once I have that, I'll put the transmission on, paint it, then install it, and turn the key. Next week I'm gone most of the week, then there's a few halowe'en parties to attend, so really it's not going to be running until early November.

The turbo kit is built, and and should be at my house next week, but I want to put a few miles on the engine before actually hooking up the turbo.

I want to drive it before it gets too cold, but if I don't I won't panic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First 2001 ovalport hybrid conversion was a CEGr by the name of Jiako.

He's one of the first to identify the issues with aligning the LIM.

I only remember DavidZ being ahead of me in my swap. I started my 3L project in September of 2000 and completed my full 3L hybrid in November of 2000. It was completely stock intake and exhaust minus the gutted precats and optimized y-pipe.
I dyno'd it in either January or February of 2001 and at the same time I stuck in Leda Suspension springs, a GReddy EGT gauge and BAT 22mm rear sway bar.
Fastest fwd non-turbo car in the area for a long time! :cool:
I do remember Jiako now as I had started my swap in the fall of 2001. It was probably a few months later when I realized the ports were different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts