New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home there was some burning smell coming from my vents, and then lights all dimmed, and battery light came on...the car didn't die, but its obvious something is seriously wrong. Anyways, I've had it, I put so much time and money in this car, and I can't take it anymore. As much as I always said I would never sell this car, I think the love affair is finally over. I would have kicked the **** out of it myself tonight except for the fact that it would lower the value of this piece of junk even further. I think I'm gonna take it Ford tomorrow, see how much it will cost me to fix it, and then either sell it privately, or trade it in for that Explorer Sport Trac my parents want to buy.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ajay....put don't forget to part her out first :):):)

I've thought about scrapping my cougar MANY times, but just can't bring myself to do it. As for the burning smell, I get it occasionally, but it goes away. I find usually I get a bit of oil, or water hitting oil and burning, then smelly vents. If it's your heater core....good luck on that one.

G

·
dammm man ... another one is out the door ...
with all the stuff you have, consider getting a contour.. seriously
if i was selling the cougar, i'd be over at subaru and getting in a wrx... or a saab 93v... only problems with saab is the dam expensive parts .. more so than audi

G

·
:( - SAD to hear, ajay - your car is gorgeous but i am really not one to talk. i wish you the best of luck, the decision is hard and it took me about a year to finally get up the balls and do it. i have to say that as much as i love the new truck i miss my coug. but, life goes on, and you 2 have already had a rough ride....
best of luck, budddy.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I hear ya Ajay...3 Fuel Pumps and now THIS

But the housing on the Alternator was completly cracked, just bad luck if you ask me...Now the fuel pump is a different story...and let's no get into it...LOL!!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Hey... don't want to rain on the sell the cougar parade... but check it out. Your car is worth about as much as a similar model year Dodge Neon. Yeah... <u>THANKS FORD!!!</u>

With the program killed, whatever resale we had is GONE GONE GONE. Check out prices on Autotrader.ca. Last time I checked, there wasn't even a 99 going for over CDN$10K.

At that price... it might be worth it to hold onto the Cougar as a second car, especially if you will pickup something that you want to cherish and love... (my plan: S4).

Massiv.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: hamill

I've thought about scrapping my cougar MANY times, but just can't bring myself to do it. .
Ya Dan... plus your cougar has been through too much to just scrap it. You and Mike are the only other hardcore Canadian travelers like me... i wish we could have added all the Kilometers we put on our cars last year with indy / cougarfest & hamillfest. :) that number would have been huuuuuuge!

G

·
Hi Ajay! :)

Time for a Mazda 3 wootz... I'd consider foreign.

I'm driving a 2003 Corolla right now and well to be honest, I luv it. Even though Im broke ass and dont have much money to buy anything else, Im not regretting that my family decided to get this.

I'm looking into a Mazda 3 or a Echo Hatchback :D Neither are "fast" cars, but I'd set aside "fast" for "reliable" and don't have to worry about it... piece of mind I guess.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yeah... those Mazda 3's are SUPER nice. Saw one one day, was in a dealership the next. At the end of the day, can't bear to trade "down" to it. What sucks, is that the Mazda 3 has HIDs as an option in the US, but not in Canada!!

Massiv.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
Originally posted by: hamill

I've thought about scrapping my cougar MANY times, but just can't bring myself to do it. .
Ya Dan... plus your cougar has been through too much to just scrap it. You and Mike are the only other hardcore Canadian travelers like me... i wish we could have added all the Kilometers we put on our cars last year with indy / cougarfest & hamillfest. :) that number would have been huuuuuuge!

I gotta believe that 170,000 km's would be sufficient to include me in the prestigious "hardcore Canadian travelers" club.

Man...I've ridden a lot of miles on my cougar......

and in my car!
:rofl:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep having lots of milage on the cougar is one thing, but its more that the "traveling to the cougar events" is whats important :)

I was the king last year (from Ottawa to Indy, then Ottawa to Virginia, then Ottawa to London for Hamillfest :biggrin: ) , but word has it that theres a guy from the Vancouver area who is going to be making the 35+ hour drive to Indy this summer! (PGcougar)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.