New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special thanks to Dan for the great work he did on my cougar. I'll post up pictures of the awesome work later....

Without his work, I wouldn't be able to get around and enjoy the Couga!!

Thanks again Dan!!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
glad to hear that this was successful for everyone involved. :thumbsup:
yupurr, you might want to upgrade your ride by purchasing Doug's. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep! Dan spent alot of his time to get my car running again.

Doug; Post some pics of your ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
How's she running, Jay?

It was quite a project- After circumstantial delays, we found out that you can't put a '99 ATX in an '00 Cougar- The VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) is different between the two and not interchangeable (the 99's not even drilled for it!)- What a nightmare!

I was able to complete the job in 25 hours total. That included the transaxle swap, installing a new caliper, bleeding the brake system, changing front rotors and pads, installing a new alternator & water pump, trans flush (to ensure a clean fill for the replacement), even an oil change.

FYI- Any transaxle work should be done with the entire powertrain removed from the car- It's just too tight in there to effect any type of transmission work. This has been and will continue to be my only opinion on the subject.

And Jay- You want a good performance car? Hook up Doug's! I did most of his upgrades, and can vouch for the car. You know how to drive stick, right?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Originally posted by: DanG
we found out that you can't put a '99 ATX in an '00 Cougar- The VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) is different between the two and not interchangeable (the 99's not even drilled for it!)- What a nightmare!
wow! :ugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan: She runs great!! i think i might need to put in some fuel injection cleaner next time i fill up. the only problem i have is with the alarm going off randomly. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or the wiring, but besides all that i'm fully satisfied with the way it drives. :thumbsup:

Doug: Nice cougar man! i was checking it out in the for sale section. Unfortunately, I'm not even thinking about purchasing a car yet, but if there's any change of plans for my car buying needs, i'll be sure to look into your cougar, that is, if it's still for sale. :biggrin:

Pictures of my car coming soon!

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: yupurr
Dan: She runs great!! i think i might need to put in some fuel injection cleaner next time i fill up. the only problem i have is with the alarm going off randomly. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather or the wiring, but besides all that i'm fully satisfied with the way it drives. :thumbsup:

Doug: Nice cougar man! i was checking it out in the for sale section. Unfortunately, I'm not even thinking about purchasing a car yet, but if there's any change of plans for my car buying needs, i'll be sure to look into your cougar, that is, if it's still for sale. :biggrin:

Pictures of my car coming soon!
Thanks for the great deal on the Transmission/Torque Converter ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.