New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who made my meet a success... oh wait, that would be NO-ONE! NOT ONE SINGAL COUGAR MADE IT FROM EITHER GROUP! I wasted an entire morning and afternoon sitting around and no one showed but 2 contours. I waited 5 1/2 hours before giving up. I'm utterly disgusted at this zero turn out. I have made it to several meets now and it's always a 1 1/2 drive each way. I'm upset none of you could make the same effort for me. I gave "very ample" notice for this meet and it seems everyone at the last minute had one excuse or another that they could not make it. That, allthough dissapointing, is forgiveable. What is not forgiveable is being told "yeah, I'll be there" and then not showing or even calling to say you were not coming. I'm not gonna name names, you all know who you are. I bought snacks and soda for everyone and had pulled a few string with a buddy at Popa John's for free pizza for everyone for lunch. Thanks for an embarassing and boring meet...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
HEY, maybe if you would have taken the time to read your original post you would have seen I DID try to make. Your jumping the gun a biit, and it's not appreciated! :

Date Posted: Apr/21/2001 12:50 PM

Greg, sorry I didn't make it but I did try. I remembered Tollgate Rd, but since the site was down I couldn't get you address. I thought it was 800. Yahoo maps told me to get off 24 at Ring Factory Rd then S Tollgate Rd. I drove up + down looking for it to no avail. I also tried the Tollgate road right off 95, by the Walmart. I saw no houses actually on Tollgate Rd. How did the meet go?

Sorry

Andy

Yeah I DID try..but now I'm glad I didn't make it.

Andy

G

·
Greg, I'm sorry I didn't make it, but I was tending to some stubborn guy (Mike) that didn't listen to any of us when we said to take it easy with his sides or he'll crack the cartilege in his ribs again. Going to put a dish back in the sink, Mike turned wrong, and cracked his cartilege again. I know my mom talked to you, but when you called I was at Mike's house trying to make him comfortable, because he could barely stand up/walk. Again, I'm sorry, and maybe there's something all of us can do to make it up.

G

·
Heather just said it all. We are all sorry we didn't get up there, but SH#$ happens. How do you think I feel laying in bed all day.... oh yeah great fun. Moving in any direction is a pain litterally. Anyway..... There has to be something we can do to make it up to you.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know sorta how you feel about getting together. After I planned the second gathering at Mason-Dixon and people said they would come I ended up driving two-hours for nothing. I am glad I had a back up plan incase. I know the weather became questionable, but after repeated messages about what to do, and are we still meeting with no response I decided to give it a try. Afterwards I decided that the Capital Neco thing was meant for people closer together than me and that It's pretty laid back so I haven't planned anything else. This decision is from a Neco member who has planned many events with great turnouts from other Neco members including Dyno day in Penn. Of course this doesn't apply to all, but if ya don't want to meet me then I don't want to meet you.
Okay I am done venting.

G

·
hey trevor p..me and brian were on our way out there...called the track ..and they said they were closed....so ...we jsut turned around and went back ..sorry man ..

kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.