New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me abot functionality of Crank position sensor because I have removed it and as I measure it was fault. But when I bougt new one it shows weird measurements. The old sensor measures 1.5kOhm between positive and ground pin, and when attached to 12v, on the signal pin it shows 1v. I put a hand mixer infront of it to stimulate metal part moving, but the voltage does not change. The new sensor measure 1.5K the same, and when put 12v input, on the signal pin it also show 12v. When testing with the mixer it also not change.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
That mixer is probably stainless and not magnetic enough. Try a magnet or a good sized piece of steel or iron.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone tell me abot functionality of Crank position sensor because I have removed it and as I measure it was fault. But when I bougt new one it shows weird measurements. The old sensor measures 1.5kOhm between positive and ground pin, and when attached to 12v, on the signal pin it shows 1v. I put a hand mixer infront of it to stimulate metal part moving, but the voltage does not change. The new sensor measure 1.5K the same, and when put 12v input, on the signal pin it also show 12v. When testing with the mixer it also not change. View attachment 80998
I'm going to check again tonight, but when connected on 12v, shouldn't it show 0v. on the signal pin until starting of magnetic stimulation?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
12V is not the right test voltage, so its impossible to say.
JD3, 15, 16, and 17 above will tell you if the sensor is good or not.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Hook up both pins to multimeter on ohms and then touch metal with the tip. It should change. Though I have had faulty sensors still work this way.

The appropriate way would be to use a an oscilloscope and turn the motor over and looks at the graph. Thats what i use my scanner for quite often.

Might be able to also hook it up to multimeter on AC current and turnover motor. I think it should go up to .3 or .5v. IIRC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts