New Cougar Forum banner

Tessier Katrina Aid

398 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  PuckPuck 
#1 ·
Story:
Soon after Katrina swept through the gulf coast, my parents got a truck, trailer, and 7000lbs of food/toys. They paid for all the toys and the gas to drive down there, and gave away all the goods. They come back home, only to rent a cube van, make a deal with Heinz, where my dad paid 50%, and 7000lbs of food later they went back. Well they just came home this past weekend from their second trip, and have another 3000lbs of food to bring to the gulf coast, however have no vehicle to bring the goods there.

Plea:
If anyone in the Windsor area has a cube van with a 7000lbs+ capacity, good rear suspension, diesel engine preferred, and that person doesn't mind being without the van for thursday-monday, we would be very greatful if we can use it. Also food/toys donations are very welcome, and yes cash also. Cash is not as much of an issue, we really just want money to help pay for the fuel to get there, which is about 500$ CDN. We will not be giving cash away to victims, and will not take more than 500$ from donations, unless we need to rent a cube van. Clothes and water is not in demand in the gulf coast area at this time.

The Tessier Katrina Aid is not a charitable organization, so not tax receipts can be provided. We are just a family, who want to help without the huge beauracracy of FEMA and other larger releif organizations. Not to put them down, but my parents gave me a few stories of some horrible releif mismangement happening on the organizations' behalf.

The Windsor Star will be interviewing my parents tomorrow, and should run an article on Wednesday. The feeling we got from the editor, is that this will be a front page or page 3 article, but they could also just be leading us on. We are hoping the article will generate some leads for donations, but you can never be sure, given that we are not an official charitable organization.

This is NOT a scam. I have numerous pictures of my parents giving out food at various shelters in Lousiana and Mississippi. I will have digitized versions of the pics tonite.

What's the difference between donating to the Tessier Katrina Aid, versus other official organizations. How about the knowledge to know that YOUR donation WILL make a difference, and we will return within 1 week with pictures to show just how YOUR donation helped. Also we will be targetting the poor communities and families with children.

Typically I'm not a big giving guy, but when I see children who have no clue what's going on, and suffering because they have nothing to eat, it strikes a note in my heart to help them out. Adults can fend for themselves, children can't. This is what having a child of your own does to you.

If you can help with food, toys or more importantly a van, please reply here. If you want to donate money, puckpuck.com@gmail.com is my paypal addy. Just make sure you mark the money as Service and title it "Tessier Katrina Aid"

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok. We are planning on leaving Saturday morning, and be back Tuesday night. We still don't have a cube van, but do have a lead to get one (wether or not it will pan out is uncertain).

If anyone would like, you can help out, by giving food, children toys, diapers, etc. Even paper plates will be accepted, as most shelters do not have plates and utencils, and some of the people were litterally eating off the floor. Cash will be accepted, we will not give cash out to people, but use it to pay for gas for the trip. Anything left over, we will buy more goods and give them out.

Again, if you want to help just reply here.

#4 ·
won't need mattress anymore... we found a good spring mattress instead.... will be more comfy than air matress... thanks anyhow though....

still looking for a van/truck.... i'm waiting to hear back from Discount Car in Toronto, as well as Performance Fords

Article didn't make the deadline (5pm) to be included in today's paper... will be in tomorrow's paper instead, and if I can get a vehicle confirmed before 5pm today, I can ensure that a blurp about the person/company donating the vehicle to be mentioned in the article.

#5 ·
BTW: budget rental car renaged on letting my dad have the last rental for free.... 700$ more to shell out.... this is getting mighty expensive in a fast way..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.