New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannnot get my temperature gauge to work right.... when the car is on it goes to the middle or falls to the red danger colored part, But as soon as I get it in gear and I take off it goes to the cold side. I do not get a CEL so what the Fcuk could be the problem....??? please help.

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
i have no idea what would cause that but it might be worth a try to unhook the battery for 10 mins or so, let the computer reset itself and hook the battery back up. when you start the car again the guages will sweep and it may recalibrate the temp guage.......

i dunno....just an idea though, and you will also be able to troubleshoot the guage because it should sweep all the way from cold to hot and then back to cold...so if it doesnt do that its out of whack somehow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you checked the thermostat? It could be opening at a higher temp than it's supposed to & then finally opening. - That would cause the high temp then the sudden drop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.