New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some mixed reviews about throttle body spacers... I looked around and cant seem to locate one for our cars yet alone any solid info about one ever being on a cougar... what do you think?

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
I've never tried one, but with our intake manifold design, I don't see how a TB spacer could possibly be beneficial.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Been quite a few discussions about this on V8SHO List as well as Dodge Dakotas.com (Yeah I know not Cougars 2.5 V6 ) , their intake manifolds are quite similar to the 2.5 . General thought on the spacer is "if doesn't insulate from heat it isn't going to help" period .

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
longer intake tracks, help low end torque, at the cost of high end horsepower..... the reverse is also true.....

now there are limits and exceptions to every rule, but that's the general rule of thumb

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
TB spacers or carb spacers are meant for vertical facing applications. they create more ofa vaccum and a vortex to pull the gas and air into the manifold. and as puckpuck said, they can act in low tq. but they will also have the same effect as a tunnel ram to some extent. the longer the intake runners the better high end power you will have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.