New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheres the best place to tap into the fuel supply to install a NX wet lit that has the fuel safety switch?

OK..I think I found the fuel line...but WTF is the brass circular thing in line with the fuel system? Do we tap in front or behind it for the fuel to the system and the safety switch?

Time is kinda of the essence...we're doing the install Sunday morning...so...please...H E L P!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Shrader Valve. You would need an adapter to do it. Its on the end of the fuel rail.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size adapter? I'm guessing it doesn't come W/ the kit......

·
Registered
401 Posts
the schrader valve is 1/16th pipe thread. They make an adapter from that to -4 AN

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres a fitting that LOOKS like it'll fit.....would I be that lucky with a NX wet Ford EFI kit?????

·
Registered
401 Posts
BTW the Brass circular thing is the fuel pressure regulator. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to thank ya'll for your help. WE FINALLY got everything installed yesterday with the exception of the fuel safety switch. We couldn't get it to work...even though we could shoot fuel at least 12 feet from the car. Luckely last night I was too tired to play and it was WAY too foggy.
Does anyone know what the stock fuel pressure is coming from that schrader valve?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If you decide to install the fuel pressure safety switch, throw it in between the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel rail. Not sure on the stock fuel pressure setting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts