New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys and gals know anything about this track? As in experience there, know anyone that has been there.

Reason I am asking, is becasue a few fellow CEGer's and I are looking for something to do next year. This track seems to be located perfectly for peep's from FL to come up and have some fun also.

What we are thinking of doing is gathering together our club, Neco (of course) and some FocalJeter's and renting the track if at all possible. So any input on this track would be of great help. Like if it just plain sucks or whatever.

Thanks!!

http://www.tgprace.com/

·
Registered
254 Posts
what's up unisys12, they actually used to host SCCA weekends there everyonce in a while, but the track got torn up and they stopped, now they do motorcycle races on the weekends. I have personally never driven on it, but I know quite a few people who have, and they say it is a quite good track. How much is it going to be to rent it out for the weekend???

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with a David Upchurch this morning and here is what he said...

Rates this year was $1650 for weekend rental, but rates will be increased by a couple hundred next year. So he said to be looking at something along the lines of $1850 - $1950.

He told me that we "have to have" our own corner workers. He also stated, that for us to have a "test and tune" style of run, we would be limited to only 10 people that could drive. We would also be limited to only two cars on the track at a time, spaced nicely.

If we planned on doing something along the lines of timed runs, we would have to rent ambulance services, which would run about $450 a day. That would figure into about $900 for the weekend.

And to do any of this - we would have to be able to present a certificate of insurance, for the whole group and not individual. Of course, this is not your standard insurance you get ripped off on every month by State Farm. This is racing insurance. so yeah it is high. He stated that for 10 people, it should be somewhere around $980 for the weekend.

Maybe it's just me and the fact that I have never done this or even checked into it..., but this is pretty darn expensive just so we can run somewhat solo around a track. Just throwing numbers around and this is nothing close to what it might actually cost, but if we can only have 10 people we are each looking at forking out something like $280.

Unless someone can enlighten me to something I am missing - and please by all means, I got twisties near my house that are pretty good.

·
Registered
254 Posts
well I was expecting bad, but not that bad. Man....that really is expensive. I was looking on the website and noticed that they did have a lot of other groups testing there. Have you thought about emailing some of them and finding out what they do and how they do it??? Just a thought....

S

·
0 Posts
I have been on the track with my GSXR750 and its not too bad. The roadcourse u needa take advantage of is go to Barber's speedway when they have an open track day. NOW THATS A TRACK!!! been on it in a 911 and on my bike. I will be taking the cougar to it next open day they have

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I checked it out too but saw that you had to be a professionally licsence'd driver or whatever. I drooled over the PDF's of that track for awhile!!

I wonder when their next track day will be and how much is cost to get in?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, just a quick update... I found out that there is a chassis dyno in Huntsville at a place called, Trackmasters on University Dr. It is a basic Honda/Acura shop, but I found it on the DynoJet website, so... being it that DynoJet is well known for their quailty dyno's I figured we would give that a shot!!

I will be calling them tomorrow to see what's up with renting out the dyno at a group rate or whatever.

I will of course keep everyone posted.

As for track time, well we have sort-of started talking about finding an Auto-X to show up at in full force. Things on that are still pretty twisted and all, but I will keep everyone up to speed on that as things get put together as well.

S

·
0 Posts
There is one also in Trussville right off of 459 by ICON Powersports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts