New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
you can buy a heat gun off of ebay for like 10 bucks to help peel off the plastic housing, makes it so easy. then go to a how to sinc ei dont feel like typing the rest. lol

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
honestly this was an hour job for me for both headlights, VERY easy.

Put them in the oven at 215 degrees for about 12-14 minutes
Use some Ove-Gloves to peel the headlights apart. Remember before u put the headlight in the oven take off the metal clips and the rubber liner. They come apart with a little effort very easily. One thats apart, just take out the black housing in the headlight, this takes a little effort but it comes out too. The orange reflector just falls out. put the black housing back in while the silicone is hot/warm. Re assemble, put the rubber piece back in and put the clips back in. 30 mins per headlight, EASY!!!

i personally thought this job was going to be hard, but wow was i wrong! easiest mod ive done to my car besides changing out the sidemarkers.

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Originally posted by: KnappstamaN
honestly this was an hour job for me for both headlights, VERY easy.

Put them in the oven at 215 degrees for about 12-14 minutes
Use some Ove-Gloves to peel the headlights apart. Remember before u put the headlight in the oven take off the metal clips and the rubber liner. They come apart with a little effort very easily. One thats apart, just take out the black housing in the headlight, this takes a little effort but it comes out too. The orange reflector just falls out. put the black housing back in while the silicone is hot/warm. Re assemble, put the rubber piece back in and put the clips back in. 30 mins per headlight, EASY!!!

i personally thought this job was going to be hard, but wow was i wrong! easiest mod ive done to my car besides changing out the sidemarkers.
^What he said^

Just make sure nothing falls inside the front of the headlight after sealing them back up :tongue:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ok I'm resurrecting this thread because I have to do mine over again. Did anyone replace the sealant stuff? Where do you buy good black stuff to seal it with? (Is it silicone?) Tanks.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
hey this worked great, on my girl's grand am headlights, which also have that annoying orange reflector, but gm made it a little harder the reflector is molded to the lens so i have it apart and it just isnt moving any ideas? Im heating it up again a little hotter this time to see if that will change anything

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.