New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You need to purchase an after market chip.. to get rid of it... but then again why would you need to do over 125 or 130?

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey that governor killed me in a race once....i opened up my car in an area where there are never any cops.....i was racing a wrx and i had the car pinned at 132 and no more....well this wrx must have been doing 150 because he blew me away. i believe there are ways to disconnect the governor without buying a chip.....a friend of mine did it to his zx2.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
yes there is a way... disconnect the speedo gear :)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
I would also imagine you could put an inline swith on the speedo gear and just switch it off when you need to... then again you won't know how fast you are going when disabled.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Just a couple of things to think about before you follow through with it and push the car that fast, for your safety:

What kind of tires do you have? Are they rated for that kind of speed? Many high-speed solo accidents occur because the tire was not meant for the speed the driver was pushing the car.

Make sure the road you drive on is free of any bumps and so forth.. even smallish bumps can practically become jump ramps at high speed, causing a possible loss of traction and control.

That's pretty much it. I won't bash you for wanting to go fast, just make sure the car is prepped to do it and do it at your own risk. :)

And DaButcher-

The non-sports package has a speed limiter at 115, the sports package has no limiter; drag + your available power will limit you. I've hit a shade higher than 132 before (136). Weight in the car makes a huge difference at that point in acceleration ability, as do aerodynamics, humidity, etc, etc. IIRC, we're drag limited to about 143 in optimal conditions.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Originally posted by: Prez
You need to purchase an after market chip.. to get rid of it... but then again why would you need to do over 125 or 130?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Originally posted by: zeteckat
So puck puck, how would i go about disconnecting this speedo gear?

it's on the transmission, towards the firewall... just above where the intermediate shaft plugs in... you have to get to it from underneath the car, it will be the only electrical plug that goes into the transmission (there is one other plug onto that goes into the shift tower)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts