New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just started looking tonight for other Cougars that were modified so I could get some ideas for my own. I stumbled across this forum and have seen tons of pictures and ideas. I have a 2000 dark green (tourlamine) cougar and already have a pretty good sound system, nothing fancy yet. I see so many good ideas from a new hood with air duct, spoilers, light covers, and ground effects. Since I wont be doing all this at once (no money) I figured I'd start on the taillight covers. I've read some people sand and paint their existing ones while others buy covers from V-tech (i think). Any information on these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome aboard! I have the V-tech tail light covers on my car. I think that's better than painting the actual tail lights themselves. The ordering info is on the NECO website. www.newcougar.org
I put it here for you to make it easier.

Taillight Covers - V-Tech, 1998-2000 Mercury Cougar
Part #22225, UPC# 721930222255
Truck Creations by Verdone
Phone: (800) 376-8684
Fax: (602) 947-4272
Email: [email protected]

They offer to paint them for you but a match is not guarantee. You can find a local paint shop to do it for you for around $50.
You can see my pics at SoCal NECO
Go to the members page and look under Chunk85.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.