New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to remove and reapply headlight and tailight covers? I am thinking of getting mine repainted. They will still be black, just with a gloss finish instead of what they are now. Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Better question, has anyone even removed theirs before that could give me some info??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just peel them off. i had to have it done cause im gettin my car painted, just hope they dont break caus theres a good chance they will

·
Registered
346 Posts
Use fishing string and break the 3m tape

clean off the double sided tape

Buy 3m double sided tape place it on and put the covers back on

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking I should do this soon myself as I think mine are mounted slightly too high.

Those of you with covers, can you see any light out of the bottom of them at night? With mine there is some red light showing at the bottom with the lights on...grrrrr! I guess it's not *that* bad but I would like to reapply them eventually I think...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the same problem with the light at the bottom

·
Registered
795 Posts
i have a little bit of lite that shows thru ... but that could not be helped... basically ever Cougar i have seen with tail-lite covers has a little lite that shows thru on the bottom ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Light shining out of them isn't bad but I can't use my key for the trunk now because the key is not quite long enough to trigger the locking mechanism.
Think i'll try the fishin line if i get the hankerin though.

Chip
<><

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I thought maybe I hadn't installed them quite right but I guess I won't worry. Although the right one DOES look slightly higher than the left. Hmmmm. Well, only if you're looking closely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine shine through a little at night too, but it just looks like a reflection so it is not bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.