New Cougar Forum banner

Tail lights??

2K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  hawk3 
G
#1 ·
Hey, i'm looking for some euro tail lights for a 2000 cougar and got nothing. any ideas?? Would euro's off an '00 eclipse work maybe if i moved some stuff around??:confused:

#2 ·
By euro do you mean the ones off an european Cougar or like the ones found on Lexus cars labeled "European". The ones for the Lexus are not made for the cougar (but there has been some talk of some company making them), you also wont get the ones off an eclipse to fit with out structural modification.

G
#3 ·
Thanks for the input; and by euro i mean the ones with the "silverish" background behind the lights; a chrome set would work maybe even clear; i'm just tired of the complete red design of the stock lights.

#6 ·
euro tails for cougars are more ugly than the stock look. why would you want to splash a little orange in among the color scheme of a well-planned car theme. most people want to get rid of the orange headlight lenses. especially for the price...utterly rediculous.

#7 ·
euro tails for cougars are more ugly than the stock look. why would you want to splash a little orange in among the color scheme of a well-planned car theme. most people want to get rid of the orange headlight lenses. especially for the price...utterly rediculous.
EXActly Y spend like $250 on a little orange oh well i guess just not my cup of tea..to each thier own

#8 ·
You guys are forgetting that the Euro's are apparently brighter too. Ive seen them, and i guess they are a little brighter but not a couple hundred dollars worth. People seem to be doing ok with knowing when im stopping, so the stock lights are working out fine for me, plus they dont have orange in them.

#11 ·
I simply meant you can say you don't like it, as was stated in another thread in Vid/Pics not long ago, saying 'Not my style, but if it suits you' or something to that effect is much better that 'utterly rediculous' - what is the point of saying something like that, except to basically insult those that have done the mod?

#13 ·
I did a search and can't find the picture anymore, but there was a picture on here of a Cougar with altezza tail lights... The car was in a group shot of like 5 cars. Maybe they were custom made though, cause I don't know of anyone that makes them.

#17 ·
01blkcat - sorry you didn't like what I had to say, just stating my opinion, but it doesn't really matter...does anyone have pics of what you are calling "clear" or altezza" tails? Those must look f'ing sweet....

#18 ·
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
Then it was the Orange Cougar from Switzerland. He has the Eclipse altezza's tail light conversion.
Ya, that is the one! What happened to the pics of that car? The picture that I saw was from kind of far away, but you could still tell they were altezzas. I looked all over and couldn't find it again. :confused:

#23 ·
I found the thread with the Orange Cougar with eclipse tails, but its soo old that the pics are removed and cannot be found. The only way to view it is to either watch that 15 minute long video in the Vids&Pics that is there right now, or if someone has them saved to their computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.