New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T3/T4 Full Turbo Kit on EBAY???

does anyone know anything about this guy or know if it is one of us that has it??? and will this work on an ATX??? and if not why wont it? Ebay Auction

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
that is naynay's, there is serveral different post about it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would suggest everyone consider the new *full* kit. Starting price is $3,500 and it includes......

Turbonetics T3 Hybrid Turbo w/ stage III turbine wheel, Turbonetics *new* EVO wastegate, Bov, tubular design manifold, 3.0" downpipe, 2.5" intake piping, Spearco air to air FMIC with all piping (2.5"), Turbonetics boost control kit, 39lbs injectors, stainless oil lines. You do have a option to upgrade to stainless.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
how much power do u get from that????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well....im looking at 255whp on a Mustang dynometer that is underload. If you dyno with a dynojet it will be 300-325WHP...but i wouldnt suggest using a dynojet.

Thanks,
Stephen N Brown

PS!!! By the way i have just bought the program for the Contour/Cougar for complete access for tuning.......When it comes to someone needing this for tuning they can for a price.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
There will not be a 70 hp differential from a mustang dyno to a dynojet dyno...

Cause then I'd have like 110 whp...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes you will have that much of a difference.....that is very well known because of the Mustang tuning in Detroit. I didnt believe it either until i spoke to the tuner.Tuning a Turbocharged car is completely different than your tuning.

Thanks,
Stephen N Brown

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Cool you got the kit on a Cougar and tested it?
Way to go Nathan!
Or does "looking at" mean guessing at HP numbers.
Good luck dude keep us informed

·
Registered
674 Posts
you say 300-325 FWHP.......how many PSI is that running? I can see that being run safely on low comp pistons and forged rods maybe a water/air (air/water??).....now I would rather not go to that level.....please explain

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just wonder how you are selling that kit at that price nathan? That new EVO wastgate is like a thousand dollars...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by: Jagular
I just wonder how you are selling that kit at that price nathan? That new EVO wastgate is like a thousand dollars...

I have bought everything in a huge bulk. The EVO wastegate is only $300-400 on Turbonetics web page. Not sure where you get $1,000. I have bought enough Turbonetics products to give everyone a great price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: JohnnyRed
you say 300-325 FWHP.......how many PSI is that running? I can see that being run safely on low comp pistons and forged rods maybe a water/air (air/water??).....now I would rather not go to that level.....please explain

Lets not forget the huge ordeal we had with proving that air to air will always dominate over liquid to air. This will be at 8psi. And numbers off dynojets are not correct when using them to tune FI vehicles. So don't be alarmed by the numbers from the dynojet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Naynay you can't say that! Air to air will not ALWAYS dominate. On a daily driven street car that makes under 500hp yes it is the best way to go.... BUT by far is not the best way to go for anything with big power. I'm not sure where the price came from I just remember it being that high when I priced them over a year ago.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Originally posted by: naynay
Yes you will have that much of a difference.....that is very well known because of the Mustang tuning in Detroit. I didnt believe it either until i spoke to the tuner.Tuning a Turbocharged car is completely different than your tuning.

Thanks,
Stephen N Brown
Dude...what are you talking about?? Tuning a turbocharged car is different from tuing my type of car, and that's the reason there is a 70hp difference in Mustang and dynojet dynos??

From many of your posts I can see than you go by what you have been told and what you hear, rather than factual primary information. Not saying that these people aren't right, but I have seen dynos of many cars on the 2 types of dynos, even ones dynoing 500+ whp. And I still don't remember seeing that big of a difference.

Also, tuning the engine using either dyno will be the same.

I find you post quite humorous, since it talks about 2 completely different things. Like, "Increasing compression requires you to use higher octane gas, and your tires are made of rubber"

Hey, I'm not bashing you, but atleast give me some respect. I never disrespected you in anyway, well maybe until now ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Will this work on an atx?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by: pgtatx
Originally posted by: naynay
Yes you will have that much of a difference.....that is very well known because of the Mustang tuning in Detroit. I didn't believe it either until i spoke to the tuner.Tuning a Turbocharged car is completely different than your tuning.

Thanks,
Stephen N Brown
Dude...what are you talking about?? Tuning a turbocharged car is different from tuing my type of car, and that's the reason there is a 70hp difference in Mustang and dynojet dynos??

From many of your posts I can see than you go by what you have been told and what you hear, rather than factual primary information. Not saying that these people aren't right, but I have seen dynos of many cars on the 2 types of dynos, even ones dynoing 500+ whp. And I still don't remember seeing that big of a difference.

Also, tuning the engine using either dyno will be the same.

Im quoting what i have read and seen...thanks for thinking im not. I could... if your that hard up to prove me wrong.... copy the dyno runs from Mustang MD-250 that compares the Dynojet to a "underload" dyno run. NOW...i was wrong when i said 70......its an average of 20-35hp difference. So in a since.... im wrong on the amount but im correct that there is a difference.:biggrin:

disrespect who? Im sorry, but that means im disrespected when you tell me im wrong. But you know what....... i didn't take it as disrespect, and i really think you shouldn't.

Chill out!!

No it wont fit a automatic.....sorry.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Absoultely there is a difference, as I agreed to and said I have seen. But before you start posting things, it'd be good to get the actual information.

It'll save you and the person with the question a lot of time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts