New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you need to disconnect the battery to do this? the instructions didnt say to...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just pull the fuse from the fuse box under the dash much easier than the disconnecting the neg battery cable. look in the manual under fuses emu

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Never thought of that, but I would still recommend disconnecting the battery anyway. Actually I would recommend taking it out all together, it gave me more room to work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the t/h fix and now the check engine light makes surprise appearances. It will come on for a couple of days and then just turn itself off.

Anyone else have this problem?

How do I run check engine codes on a coug?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
While the car is running, hold down the top and bottom buttons, I think they are reset and units, hold them down and turn the key like you are trying to turn over the car again. You will see the lights change, release the two buttons at the same time. Then use the select button to scroll through all the stuff, speed, RPM, engine temp, ect. At the end you will see the flashing 4 digit code...if you have one.

Personally I don't use that at all, because all it does is make me worry. For the longest time I would get the low voltage code, but my battery and alt are fine. Now I get the fuel sender circuit failure every once and a while. Nola has had that code come up now and again for the past 6 months. Nothing wrong so far.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ok I had this problem I took my car to ford where my friend works there a code that show egr valve has a restricted flow which is what u just did with the t/h fix I had to disconnect the battery for 15 min never had a problem yet, just disconnect the battery and see if the light come back on if it does remove the t/h fix and disconnect the battery for 10 to 15 min reconnect and see if the light come on if it does take to the dealer to get it check out if u leave the t/h fix in and take it to the dealer and they find it they might void ur warranty this is what I got for some info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.