New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i broke down and got a set of the sylvania silverstar bulbs today. going to install them tonight. as u all know the factory bulbs are horrible and most aftermarket bulbs are illegal. but these are 100% DOT legal, they are only 100degrees K under a Standard H.I.D. bulb. ill post tomorrow to let u all know if i burned out my wiring harness. lol..
btw if anyone needs to know what version they are. for the driving lights they are part number #9006 ST they cost 38dollars for the set at advanced autoparts. pep boys also sells them but they are 19.98 a piece there.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, they are in. 300% improvement over the stock type bulbs. they have a nice tint of blue to them but not overpowering, and can illuminate an entire yard, lol. most def worth the money. only thing is, when i put the silverstars in, one of my fog light bulbs quit working and they are both 2months old. think its a ford conspiracy? lol

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Might be- The only lights of any kind that I've ever replaced on my Cougar has been both fog lights. The car was built 5 years ago, and I've not replaced a single bulb in that thing other than the fogs. Probably jinxed myself, but meh... :shrug: I was looking to get a set of these when my headlights finally go.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
When my headlights went, I replaced them with Sylvania Cool Blue cuz they were cheap. When I did my research, the only 100% DOT legal, pseudo-HID bulbs were PIAAs at ~$70.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dan, your a jinx. now my drivers side fog is out. thanks alot..:rofl: hmmmmm wonder if i can find something that has the same color as the silverstars. hehe

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
RiceRanger, good choice on the bulbs. The Fogs if you have the H3 fog bulbs are available in Silverstars now..
as well as both high and low beams

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweeet, thanks for the 411 eric..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bomb, i know that in the state of VA it is illegal to have a HID system on your car unless it was installed from the factory on that specific year. so you might want to check your local laws be4 doing so.:thumbsup:

·
8,571 Posts
Hey, everyone: today's Washington Post has an ad for Pep Boys with a coupon on the back: "Sylvania SilverStar High Performance Lighting Capsules": $16.88/pair with coupon, -$5.00 rebate = $11.88/pair after mail-in rebate with coupon. Expires December 27.

I don't need new headlights right now, but I'm considering picking up a set of these...everything I've heard about them is good...

--RJ

·
Registered
66 Posts
So, do these bulbs have that blue-ish look of HID? Meaning, are they just brighter and more useful headlights, or are they bright enough that oncoming drivers are sticking their heads under the dash to avoid the light? I need more light to drive with, but don't want to offend anyone the way that true-HIDs offend.

-rob

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Driving side by side, the visible reflected light is almost the same as a true HID, as far as what they look like to on-coming cars you got me. I Haven't been flashed due to people being blinded

1 - 16 of 16 Posts