New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I purchased some Sylvania Silver Stars for my Cougar. I got them for $16.50 each after price matching Pep Boy's sale price at Auto Zone. The stock ones I removed were Sylvania halogens, not sure the specfic ones but I am think they are the lowest ones they make. I only replaced the low beams.

The result: I am very satisfied, they are brighter thain the ones I removed and much whiter. The only wish I have is if they were even brighter, but I think the only thing brighter is HIDs and I dont want to spend that much.

The pics: Pic 1 is the lights faced against my garage, you can see how much whiter they are. Pic 2 is just pictures of the head lights themselves. Pic 3 is of the bulbs themselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: CougarKat
wow thanks for posting those pics. I was about to get rid of my $20 pair Ebay bulbs for some Silverstar.

Now I see there are the same
Huh? Confused with your wording, are you saying that your $20 bulbs are the same as the Silverstars. If so why were you trying to get rid of them, I love my Silverstars.

R

·
0 Posts
thats wierd cause i have the silverstar headlights also but mine look nothing like that they are real bright and are a light blue color on the garage and in my headlight assembly

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well mine are real bright also, but they shine white not blue. For the pics shining against the garage, I pulled the car up till the edges of the headlight's beams went from side to side of the garage. You may notice that for the pic with the Silver Stars, the car is much closer to the garage to get the same width of the beam, showing the difference in brightness.

·
Registered
954 Posts
On the ride home tonight from my g/f's house I was thinking of making this actual post. I was gonna ask which namebrand of bulbs were better (aftermarket) to replace my stock bulbs....mine *****n piss me off because niether my highs or low seem to shine very far ahead of me and I HATE that...thanks...comparison between old and new you gave was excellent...thanks a lot...i will definitely be getting...I will post pics too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts