New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank Neil for a great job with the soldering and a fantastic look with the new blue switches all over my doors. AMAZING job good man. :thumbsup: I also recommend everyone here do it, it looks HOT.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Hahaha.. Sorry, I didnt have my camera at the time and then i went straight out for pool and liquid wheat. Pics tonite when I can get 'em in the dark!

& what do you mean "switch mod *'done'* "? we still gotta do our headlight knob (or at least I do, did you find out if your 01 is the painted plastic or just green led?) and take apart the dash to do vents, trip computer and other misc stuff.

yr right tho... the blue color is Definatly hot. its a vivid eerie blue, like its nearing a frequency of light thats not supposed to be visible.
& thanks again for the LED's to let me do mine!

This mod was simple and fun, If anyone else wants to do theirs we should set somethin up :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Here we go,
Much much much more betterer than the stock swamp green color. Threw in a pic of an interior shot, too... Pete wired up some LED's for under his dash too and they look hot:thumbsup:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We popped the switches outta the door, then pushed the tabs on the switches in to pop them in half, then cut the old led out, then neil soldered new ones in, the reversed the steps and BAM. Hotness.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if you do this make sure to note which way the anode and cathode are oriented in relation to the resistor... LED's unlike lightbulbs only flow electricity in one direction so the polarity has to be right. just study the shape of the little metal pieces imbedded in the plastic of the LED and match that orientation.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
uhmm.. sounds like I have a mod to do. (my brother just bought some had some left over)

You dont mind that I copy your Idea do you?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
an easy way to tell which side of the led is postive it to look inside the LED.

One of the metal leads will look like an Arrow (triangle). It points to the postive end.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
an easy way to tell which side of the led is postive it to look inside the LED.

One of the metal leads will look like an Arrow (triangle). It points to the postive end.
OR the positive lead is longer than the negative ;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
:smoke-g::smoke-g::smoke-g::smoke-g:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.