New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
8,492 Posts
What? There is no such thing. I think you've misunderstood something.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
What? There is no such thing. I think you've misunderstood something.
There is so. I have one in the wifes civic.

·
8,492 Posts
Yes but it is a sport eco switch lol
Good point...I guess our Mazda 3 has something like that, too. The Accord we test drove had it, too.

Mazda: Sport mode, on/off
Accord: Eco mode, on/off

Same concept, but a slightly different focus between the two...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Definitely either a bot or a woefully ineffective new car salesperson.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The O/D off button is the selector switch for slow or quick death. Never could actually find a reason to use it other then to satisfy the urge to push buttons.
Im going with bot as well.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Hold the phone...This is the guy that was asking about Eibach Cougars a few weeks ago, he's definitely not a bot because I had a PM conversation with him.
Are the Aussies just more advanced than us?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Maybe. I know the UK got heated seats a heated windsheild and a headlight leveling switch along with auto climate control.
As far as I know the only thing we got to put the car in eco mode here was a zetec

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
rooster i had to turn the O/D off several times with trips in the mountains when my first cougar was an ATX
Im guessing going uphill ?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
What was that thing they sold on eBay that basically made your car think it was running a certain way and changed the a/f mix?
I cant remember what they were called but I believe they were along the same lines as the magnet you wrapped around the fuel line to make the molecules do crazy stuff and get better gas mileage

·
8,492 Posts
This thread got caught in the spam filter, so I hesitated, but I decided to approve the post to see if it was a serious comment and what he or she misunderstood. I figured at the very least we'd have some laughs with a discussion about putting an economy/sports switch in our cars. Feels like we need azbobby for that discussion, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hold the phone...This is the guy that was asking about Eibach Cougars a few weeks ago, he's definitely not a bot because I had a PM conversation with him.
Are the Aussies just more advanced than us?
Yes that's right mate! I was trying to work out if I had an Eibach edition or dressed up SW, turned out to be the latter, the insurance companies have the truth on their VIN databases, so I negotiated down and bought it.

As for Economy vs Sports, I first mistook it for an alternative to OverDrive, until I found that hidden under the selector handle. The Economy vs Sports switch is located on the console just above the selector gates display where you'd usually find an OD button. Right now, when fuel is priced so low, I thought it might be the right time to test the virtues of Economy vs Sports.

I may have come off sounding like I'm bragging about it, but I just wanted info from anyone who's got one and knows what it does in a Cougar and how it does it, although being new here, I now see that you're supposed to include specifications in your posting signature.

As for being more "advanced", how did US models get a 3.0 if the S Edition was never in production? Are they drop-ins? Back in 2000, the AUSDM did offer exactly one hundred Eibach editions (springs, skirts, lip, spoiler, 17 rims), wherever on this island continent the last of their kind may still exist.

To make up for this Eibach extravagance, all hood release levers were left unconverted, so they are actually located way over on the passenger's side, as is suitable for one who's living on the edge.

New Edge.

To Whom It May Concern:
not a robot.JPG

·
8,492 Posts
No one ever got the 3.0 stock. Many people have put them in aftermarket.

Are you saying the Aussie Cougar has a Economy/Sports switch? I've never heard that before, nor did I realize there was something that was such a major difference between Australia and North America/European market. Are you sure it's stock? Can you please post a picture?

Do you have a V6? If so, I'm wondering if someone added it and somehow wired the IMRC to the switch...which wouldn't really be a great mod.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I've never heard of such switch either. For an american car company we sure got hosed on options it seems.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Yes, please post a photo.
You may need to try to find an Aussie edition wiring manual in order to identify what it does. Our wiring manual (at least for '99) doesnt say anything about it but it does show the Euro differences.
We do have an unused button space in the little strip that has the PATS indicator, defrost, and Traction control disable button.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts