New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people swap seats out to upgrade to full power seats. I picked up some seats from b3nn3tt for goldie and it’s full power. Goldie is full manual, other than the up and down. I want to keep it that way. Manual sliders work much better for getting kids out of the back seat.

I was hoping to just pull the seats off the sliders and swap them over but I don’t think thats going to be the case. Has anyone messed with these lately?

·
Administrator
24,343 Posts
Can you just take the entire cushion off, individually, and bolt it to the other frame?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Just make them climb! Kids are little for a reason!
Seriously though, my kids never had an issue. Your'e seats will be a little further back then mine, but they lean forward pretty far, leaving plenty of room to climb over.

·
5,250 Posts
Sorry, dude, I swapped mine in 2004... I think... but that was same kind to same kind (full power drivers), though I still have the original full seats down to the brackets in the basement if you need any pics or something.

·
Super Moderator
22,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i installed it today as is just to get it out of the way. the other bonus to a manual seat is saving about 25lbs. ill deal with it down the road when the car is down for the winter.

need to figure a way to use the seats in my studio as chairs now. front and back lol

·
5,250 Posts
That's an Idea I've had in the back of my head for a while, but I don't know if I could get sufficient Wife Acceptance Factor - mount the driver seat on a nice base, include a 12V power supply, and have a nice gaming or reading chair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts