New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

A fellow cougardriver here in Denmark bought an ST200 engine which on disassembly shows problems on the inside of one cylinder shaft/wall.

Long story short, he's now going to mount all the actual ST200 bits (all of them, not just the "exterior" bolt ons. So Cams, heads, flywheel etc) on his old mint condition ST24 engine (which was already running all air intake ST200 bits + headers and race cat). His questions is: Are the ANY differences between the block and pistons on the ST24 vs the ST200? I've read in the ST threads that the pistons are in fact different on the ST. But what about the block itself? Is that the same? Any other things to consider on a complete rebuild?

It's a question about using as much as possible from the ST24 which is in perfect condition whereever the bits are identical to the ST200.

The disassembly of the ST200 engine is because he want's a 110% healthy machine and wanted a complete renewal of all gaskets (incl a thinner head gasket) and new piston rings. The mech doing the job (he has a generous deal with a friend obviously) asks how much can be used from the original ST24 base.

Any comments are much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Pistons, heads, cams, timing chain, tensioners, and sprockets, injectors, and dont overlook the tune. Although some of these may not be entirely necessary if you dont mind sacrificing a little Hp in favor of ease of swap.

Its been a while since I've been on the other site...but I think the contour forums have a little more information about these swaps than we do here.
Forums - CEG Forums

Note, you will have better luck searching for "SVT" than you will searching for ST200, and we pretty much dont use the term "ST24" at all, so searching for that wont find much for you at all. Just assume that any thread not specifically referring to SVT is in fact referring to the base engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts