New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I swapped my trans, I am now a born again MTX w/ a spec stage 2 and a SVT flywheel and poly mount. Took a month in a half to do. Mainly because of waiting for parts and a sh!tty used shift cable. Anyway, the how to said that there was some special wiring for the speed sensor, and i was looking at the wiring for it, and what it said to do...and I asked myself why? So I just pluged the mtx speed sensor into the existing place, and It works fine. So why was it calling for all that extra work? Is it something for the newer cougs, or did he just assume you'd have to wire it different?
Anyway, my failing moment in this swap, was neglecting to have the MTX I bought inspected. Now I am stuck w/ this trans w/ a bad syncro in 3rd and a slow leak somewhere. So anyone looking to swap trannys, definatly make sure to get your trans inspected before installing. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$2,040 and a month and a half without a car! price includes shipping of parts and nuts+bolts and replacement ball joints, tie rod end + serpentine belt.
Used parts puchased:
subframe $180
left halfshaft $10
shift cables (broke so I had to buy new ones anyway) $40
mounts(except to the fender) $10
jackshaft $15
VSS came w/ transmission

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.