New Cougar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
O2s have nothing to do with your fuel rail style. And you have more than 2 o2s on this car

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
Only 1999 model years have return-style fuel rails. All 2000and later are returnless, and even some late 99's are as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This a really old thread I see, however (I'm in the UK) and an ST- SVT lump has come up for sale. The whole lot.

Including ecu and keys.

Is there anything else I need to bolt this engine in and cranking her up?

Someone said lower wiring harness? Although comparing my cougar 2000 to the SVT (ST) contour / Mondeo it looks identical?

John

·
Registered
116 Posts
So I have 2002 cougar and got a 2000 contour svt complete motor. What do I all need to put it in my car other then the ecu, keys and from what I read the lower wiring harness?

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
If you plan on keeping the downstream 02 sensors you'll either need to swap your y-pipe or have a bung installed.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
I forgot the main cat has the sensor behind it. That bung will need to be plugged or closed. Or you can swap your cat out. And not that I think about it, you'll need to swap your front pre-cat as well. There is no bung for the downstream sensor.

Y-pipe swap for one with a bung.
Front pre-cat swap for one with a bung.
Main cat can either be swapped or plug the bung hole.(snicker)

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
A bung is the hole the sensor threads into. Hiflo catS? I know the main one can be done. As far as precats go, Magnaflow sales a set but they are having fitment issues currently on the rear precat.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
I'm in California so my knowledge is limited on other varieties. I hears headers and hiflo cats are still good.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts