New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
Ok ill spell it out because this is frustrating. the need for a bigger injector comes when you mod to the point where your engine needs more fuel. whats the goal of a turbo and a supercharger???? to force as much air into your engine as possible not fuel!!!!! all your doing is putting unburned fuel out your exhaust and ruining your high flow converter if you have one.
Gimme the keys. You got no business driving tonight.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
A tune. You need an SVT ECU for the engine, but an SVT ECU only works with an MTX. As such you'd need a tune for that specific setup. It's more worth it to do a 3L swap.

·
Registered
639 Posts
What would I need to do a 3 litre swap and still keep the atx trans I know everyone has told me to use the svt 2.5 top half n cans and an 01 sable 3 lifted block but Idont know what else is needed for the swap

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm looking to do this ASAP I'm taking the 2.5 out tomorrow due to the head gaskets are blown and the motors tapping so its a good time to do the swap

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Just recently a friend of mine pointed out a way to use an ATX cruise cable with the standard 2.5 TB bracket. By cutting an opening in the standard slot where the cruise cable is installed one can position the cable on the inner opening. The diameter is different so the cable won't clip in by itself, but some silicone seems to hold it in place just fine.

DSC_0952.jpg

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Well then just let me know what department store I can go get a cup of SVT TB brackets at.

Edit:

Yeah it is a bit ghetto, but the main thing is that it works. It doesn't impede operation at all and that's about all you can ask for without a legitimate SVT TB bracket available.

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
will any svt ecu work? or do i need to find a specific one? car-part lists several different part numbers for 99

·
Registered
840 Posts
Is your car Return or returnless fuel rail?

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
How do u tell if u have a return or returnless fuel rail
If you have a early 1999 (pre-5/99) you'll have return. You can find the build date on the door jamb of the driver side door I believe. Or you can look in the engine bay under the throttle body, if you have one silver line coming out you have a returnless, 2=return.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts