New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the part number on the throttle body is supposed to be located ? I just received my throttle body and I would like to verify if its a true SVT TB

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Take the accordian off of your stock tb and put the other one up to it..the svt opening will be noticably larger.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
ya depending on if you have a stock accordian connection or some aftermarket intake ... your should need to max out that pipe clamp and stretch the hell out of that fitting :)

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Originally posted by: Moraki
ya depending on if you have a stock accordian connection or some aftermarket intake ... your should need to max out that pipe clamp and stretch the hell out of that fitting :)
Damn right you do.

Also, the TB opens up the opposite way then the stock TB.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Removed the accordian put the TB on the top of the stock one.. my godness what a noticable difference :)

Then can I modify the Stock SVT TB ? make it larger ? something ? I know that going too large is not too good.

And How can I clean the exterior of the TB since its dirty a bit... with Carb cleaner ??

Thanks guys for the fast reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.