New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
It depends on what your goals are...

svt heads will flow better than the 3.0 heads...the intake side is also ported a bit.

3.0 heads will not fit on a 2.5 block..it will result in mushrooming.

(however keep the 3.0 heads if your going with a 3.0 engine and want to run boost. The 2.5 heads will bump compression way to high for FI)

SVT cams will fit in certain 3.0 heads with modification. I believe you will have to cut off the water pump pully/assembly and use a electric water pump)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
1. svt heads will flow better than the 3.0 heads...the intake side is also ported a bit.

2. SVT cams will fit in certain 3.0 heads with modification. I believe you will have to cut off the water pump pully/assembly and use a electric water pump)
1. Not true.
Oval port (tumble) 3L heads out flow any SVT heads out of the box. Even with the abysmally small inlet ports. The tumble design and larger valves easily surpass the 99+ SVT heads.
Open them up to match the split port manifolds and you have a set of awesome performing heads for very little money. (I.E. outside of porting media and A TON OF TIME & PATIENCE they are free when buying an 01+ oval port 3L and you want an 01+ anyway)

2. Again the perfect reason to get an 01+ oval port 3L. It uses the same cam driven water pump.

A 3L oval port can range from about 9.45 to 10.3 CR (stock is ~10.07CR)
From...
Chamber work can get it to ~52cc chambers (the limit) and still retain an optimal chamber shape.
To...
Adding +1mm pistons (90mm bore) and no CC changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts