New Cougar Forum banner

SVT LIM vs Pre 5/99 LIM

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Frosty 
Originally posted by: mond12345
Pre 5/99 LIM Size: 31/32mm

SVT LIM Size: 34/35mm

Have no idea on the gains though.
What about the earlier year SVT LIMs? Were the 98 Contour SVT LIMs also 34/35, or were they like our pre 5/99 cougar LIMs? Or were they somewhere in between, like some of the posts I'm reading on other boards (here, e.g) are now leading me to believe. I just picked up a 98 SVT LIM on eBay, and I'm just realizing I probably shouldn't have. :( *sighs* Can someone PLEASE confirm my suspicions ASAP?

Whatever difference there is between stock Cougar/early Contour SVT/late Contour SVT LIM sizes, it should be added to the stickied SVT Upgrade post so others don't make my same mistake. Nothing in there that I read detailed any difference between SVT LIM years.

That link I posted said:

as far as i know std lim port sizes 31/32
early svt lim ports sizes 32/33
later svt lim port sizes 34/35

Looking on ford-parts-online, they don't list a 98SVT LIM (that i've found) but they do have a 99-00 SVT LIM, so there has to be SOME difference, right?

So, does anyone know definitively if those numbers I posted up there for the various years of LIM are correct? The guy I bought the 98 SVT LIM from is letting me back out of the eBay auction (provided I pay his fees of $4.75, more than fair) rather than accept delivery of this part. If it's 32/33 as I think it is, then that's what I'll be doing. If it is in fact the same as the 99-00, then I'll keep it, obviously. My searches on google point me to LONG ago dead fordcontour.org pages discussing the topic. :(

Please respond here or PMs if you know for sure...the sooner I can let the seller know which way I'm going, the better. He's been infinitely cool about this, and I don't want to drag it out further. Item number 7995300168 if anyone wants to see it.

EDIT: Update, called my local ford parts dealer. He assured me there was a difference between the years, and that it was a "port size difference" with the 99/00 SVT LIM having slightly larger ports. So, there we have it.

The lesson: Get a 99/00 SVT LIM, and a 2000 SVT UIM if you believe there's a difference other than the outside cosmetics.

Though this brings up one question for me...I can still take my return-style injectors/etc and put them into the 2000 SVT LIM, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.