New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I think I'm going to buy the one nadthomas has for sale but have one question.....I have a return style car so will the injectors swap right over or how does that work??

2. I have a 3.0L throttle body and bracket to use with my SVT UIM LIM conversion....my car is ATX what cables do I need to install this. I attached a couple of pictures. Also do I need a new sensor for the TB or will the one that is on there work.

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
You would need a SVT Cruise Control cable for an ATX conversion if you were going with an SVT TB, I don't know about a 3L though, I'm assuming its the same. I don't know why your going with a 3L TB, its easier with an SVT.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when I bought it from jojo on here he posted it as an SVT TB so that's why I bought it. He claims its the same measurements and everything as the SVT.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just need to know if there is a difference in LIMs concerning what year they were made......so say I find one from 2000-2002 and want to swap over my injectors from my return style cougar.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Originally posted by: BIGTIME41
Well I just need to know if there is a difference in LIMs concerning what year they were made......so say I find one from 2000-2002 and want to swap over my injectors from my return style cougar.

You answered your own question. Any LIM from a 2000-2002 cougar will work, you just need to swap over the fuel rail.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks hotcat

Anyone have a definite answer on using the 3L TB with a SVT cruise cable??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.