New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed a SVT front sway bar on a cougar? it is a smaller diameter bar correct? did you notice any difference in the ride of the car once it was installed? I am interested to knwo if it is worth the work to install one and If I really woudl have to drop the sub frame to get to tremove the stock and install the new one...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I am doing struts and brakes next weekend so I guess I will look and see if I have to drop taht dubframe and if not I might just swap this over for a trial and if I have to drop it maybe someone wiht a 3.0 planned will wanna pick this up for pretty cheap...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i had a nasty time installing my new struts so this bar didn't even go looked at... if anyone wants one to try to insall dorp me a line we can work somethign out probably...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you wouldn't want a larger front sway really in a FWD car.... that is why the svt is smaller...

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
I'm putting one in with the rest of the stuff that I'm doing, but unfortunately about 80% of the suspension is getting changed too (among other things) so there will be no way for me to tell if it is worth the PIA to drop the subframe just for that...

So what is the point of my post? Good question :shrug:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally posted by: Jorgen
has anyone installed a SVT front sway bar on a cougar? it is a smaller diameter bar correct? did you notice any difference in the ride of the car once it was installed? I am interested to knwo if it is worth the work to install one and If I really woudl have to drop the sub frame to get to tremove the stock and install the new one...
why dont you just get a thicker rear sway bar if your looking for oversteer ....??

Originally posted by: MrFroge
I've heard the smaller FRONT sway bar will reduce the oversteer some at the expense of ride quality.. yes, I think it is necessary to drop the sub-frame.. hence the fact so few people have done this mod.. Only consider this if you are auto-crossing.
a smaller front sway bar will increase oversteer which is idealistic for autocrossing due to tight low speed cornering, you cant rotate in understeer.....

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I had to remove my front sway bar in order to run the airstruts that i'm installing. Let me tell ya, getting it out was a major pain in my chin... And i can't imagine getting one back in. I had both rear bolts on the front subframe removed and was using a prybar to pry it down just so i could get the lower bolts out on the mounts. After i finally got all the bolts out i had to pry the subframe down in order to get the bar out. I was prying upwards and at one time the prybar slipped and cracked me right in the chin. I had a nice bruise for a few days...

·
Registered
66 Posts
do you have the v6 or zetec?

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
who you asking about that?

·
Registered
66 Posts
you..my bad.... nevermind... i didnt notice you put it on your thingy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.