New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I am looking to get an svt contour. Anyways, I know they are faster then the v6 cougs, but that's not my question. I know the aftermarket parts are interchangeable from the regular 2.5 to the svt 2.5. the msds headers give 30fwhp when combined w/ a high flow intake and exhaust on a stock cougar, but would it be even more with a svt engine? and taking from what I've seen and heard, the fwhp of the 'tour is 165. so if the headers add 30fwhp, and the aem intake adds 8fwhp, and guessing an aftermarket exhaust adds about, let's say 5 fwhp. would that mean if i got all of those for the 'tour, would I really be up to roughly 210fwhp? anyways, thanks.

-Eric

·
Administrator
24,475 Posts
No WAY you get 30 horses from headers. I don't care WHO you're bangin'.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
you might not have but somebody did

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: RigaTony00
And good luck getting 8 hp out of an intake. I would say 1-2 tops.

Tony
Again, i am taking these numbers from the manufacturer's websites.

Here is a link to the dyno chart on AEM's website about the short ram intake

Dynochart

even though the gain is at the redline, 6750, it is still a gain of 8.6 hp.

-Eric

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: RigaTony00
And good luck getting 8 hp out of an intake. I would say 1-2 tops.

Tony
on a nice cold day it feels like 10 to me :) well...for the first 10 minutes i'm driving anyway

Mike

·
Registered
593 Posts
Originally posted by: EDawg99
i am just going by what's on msds's website, they probably mean that with the intake AND exhaust AND headers they say 30fwhp. i didn't pick that number out of my ass, you know.

btw, here's the link MSDS Inc.

-Eric
You're numbers aren't adding up too well, you're saying 165HP, then you are adding 30 and getting 210HP. It says to add all three to get 30, which is a bit optimistic and may have happened on one individual car that got lucky somehow. But after that you go ahead and add more for an exhaust and intake to what you already added. Hope to see about 20HP to the wheels with I/H/E, that's a more realistic expectation.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: EDawg99
I rounded the intake up to 10. so the 10fwhp from the intake, 5fwhp from the exhaust and 30 from the headers is 45fwhp.165fwhp + 45fwhp is 210fwhp.

Anyways, thank you for the answer, that is what i was looking for.

-Eric
I think the exhaust gives about 12fwhp and the intake around 5.

Mike

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
EDawg, you can't just add up the horse that the manufacture gives you. You can expect about half the gain they say you are going to get.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by: cougarXR7
EDawg, you can't just add up the horse that the manufacture gives you. You can expect about half the gain they say you are going to get.
THANK YOU! That is the answer I've been waiting for, I never said that I would get 210 hp, i was wondering if that was an accurate number or not. I was just giving the numbers as a base.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The highest rated NA 2.5 SVT is DemonSVT, check out his numbers ar CEG 190WHP IIRC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts