Registered
4,342 Posts
VERY nice. Tastefully done, bet it hauls... :thumbsup:

Stock internals + T3/4 = :thumbsdn:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm SOO tempted to buy this and drop the turbo into the Cougar with the rebuilt engine/transmission and then convert this baby back to stock and sell it for $7,000-$8,000 and pay only $4,000 for the turbo kit ... hmmmmm!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
What if it was never "in your pants" to begin with? :cover: Thats a great idea though Trevor, I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
I'm SOO tempted to buy this and drop the turbo into the Cougar with the rebuilt engine/transmission and then convert this baby back to stock and sell it for $7,000-$8,000 and pay only $4,000 for the turbo kit ... hmmmmm!!!!
Not a bad idea at all.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm torn ... do I keep the Contour since it's definitely a great vehicle in great condition, or do I port everything over to the Cougar, revert this great vehicle to stock and sell it? I could remove this engine/transmission, put it in the Cougar and fix a few things and sell it for probably $5-6K. If I do the opposite and add this turbo to the Cougar and sell the Contour, I could probably get $7-8K and pay off the loan ... hard decisions to make! One thing is for sure ... I wasn't about to sit here and watch another great deal pass me by!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
well that Contour is GORGEOUS. You could always get the piping fab'd up and recreate it on the cougar....granted that it doesn't prove to costly.

Tough call man, how badly do you need to pay that loan back?

Think about it, FMIC'd Contour and Cougar :evil:

Either way that set-up is sick, and looks to be VERY well engineered.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Yeah, but don't forget you've got a rugrat to cart around... So an old man like you needs a 4 door! :poke:

Us DINKs don't need no stinkin' 4 doors- We're plenty happy with our T3/4 turbos on a 2 door car! :banana:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, one thing is for sure ... I don't want to have a loan payment (albeit small: $147/month) as I have two other 4 doors (05 Corolla & 97 Explorer). Besides, as Rikenbomb said to me in a PM:
Live up to your Screen name, FastCougar!!!
I guess it really depends on a few thing once I see the car.

I have a coilover suspension setup on the way and was greeted at the door last night with a brand new set of 17" rims/tires for the Cougar. All the engine components are in the garage, the fully build engine on the stand and the heads on my workbench (waiting to check volume of combustion chambers). The transmission is at Terry's and I should get it back about the time I get the car (shipped from Utah) ... the project is 90% complete, she just needs the swap.
Originally posted by: DanG
Us DINKs don't need no stinkin' 4 doors
Your time is coming, so enjoy your DINK status while you can :beer:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Trevor...

Get the tour home, rip that sucker to pieces. Swap the whole setup (less the engine) into your cougar. Do some work to the contour, sell it and pay off the loan. If you sell it for how much you got it for, and keep the turbo kit from it, your making out with a FREE custom turbo kit. You would be stupid not to do this. Just me 2 cents though.

I want that setup... should have a beta kit made from all that piping and send it to get like 10 of each piece fabbed up and sell the tubing kits. Make some money!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Originally posted by: DanG
So an old man like you needs a 4 door! :poke:

Us DINKs don't need no stinkin' 4 doors- We're plenty happy with our T3/4 turbos on a 2 door car! :banana:
<cough> AHEM!

I have to add my two cents here, Mr. Dan. You know from personal experience that neither one of my four door vehicles is exactly hurting for power. I think you know where you can stick your "fold-forward-front-seat-in-order-to-get-to-the-back" car! :poke: j/k

Still waiting to challenge ya to a 1320 run... ;)

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Very cool trevor...

I have to say, the wastegate location is quite interesting, and the way it's plumbed is quite odd. Nonetheless it looks very clean.

Good luck with whatever ya do.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.